Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend
Nm Undecided
Any new status on this? Does the new plugin (0.4.3) work for you guys? I have updated my TVHeadend to the latest available version on Synology (tvheadend-testing). With the default plugin with OE 4.2.1 it still resets to the beginning of the timeshift buffer.
I've been doing some debugging during the weekend, think I've found something but not really sure yet. Will take a deeper look once I'm at home again and have access to a proper development environment.
(2014-10-13, 17:37)negge Wrote: I've been doing some debugging during the weekend, think I've found something but not really sure yet. Will take a deeper look once I'm at home again and have access to a proper development environment.
If you need someone to test i'm willing to do so! Ive got an Intel NUC with OE4.2.1 and a Raspberry PI. Backend is tvheadend 3.9 running on a synology.
@negge, don't want to sound impatient, but did you manage to find something?
It was most likely a tvheadend issue, it has allegedly been fixed in master.
this would mean that if we i'd get the latest version of TVHeadend, the timeshift should work as could be expected?
Hey - I use the latest Kodi and Tvheadend and it works much better now.
As negge said this is due to a fix in tvheadend master.
@mhoogenbosch yes
Which version is this, because i'm using a Synology and the latest version i can use is 3.9.1943. Now i know this is not the latest, but when i have the version number at least i know how long I must wait Smile

@xxxnelly, what do you mean by 'works much better now', my goal would be to be able to pause the live tv stream, go to the toilet, and resume. Now when the commercials start, I want to fast forward to the Live TV point. currently this results in a revert to the beginning of the timeshift buffer. Does this work?
Yes, or at least from the tests I have done with 3.9.1991 it appears to.

I can pause, ff +rew within the buffer correctly. FF produces an expected result, in that the video plays faster, whilst REW gives no indication its working (the video freezes) until I hit play again. That make it difficult to judge how far back I have gone, but it does definitely rewind. Its also possible to catch up to 'live' TV again.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I'm also very looking forward to this to have fully working timeshifting (not just pause, but skip bb/ff xx seconds without any issues).
Can anybody confirm this that this has been fixed already? Also, can you let me know starting from which build it is fixed?

Many thanks!
(2014-11-03, 12:32)gurabli Wrote: I'm also very looking forward to this to have fully working timeshifting (not just pause, but skip bb/ff xx seconds without any issues).
Can anybody confirm this that this has been fixed already? Also, can you let me know starting from which build it is fixed?

Many thanks!
See the post directly above you (posted the same minute Smile).

Tnx for the replies, really looking forward to this release! My wife will be pleased Smile
(2014-11-03, 12:32)black_eagle Wrote: Yes, or at least from the tests I have done with 3.9.1991 it appears to.

I can pause, ff +rew within the buffer correctly. FF produces an expected result, in that the video plays faster, whilst REW gives no indication its working (the video freezes) until I hit play again. That make it difficult to judge how far back I have gone, but it does definitely rewind. Its also possible to catch up to 'live' TV again.

Posted exactly the same timeSmile To be honest, I never use ff+rew in any form, but skip ff+rew xx seconds in buffer. That is the best timeshifting option. Is this working now? I believe the default skip back is 30 seconds?
So there was a new built. But unfortunately this is 3.9.1987 and not the mentioned 3.9.1991. Just have to wait a while longer Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Status of proper timeshift with TVHeadend0