OS X Audio sync off with refresh rate switching (nightly builds)
its a generic bug for all acceleration settings for all platforms if this helps you Wink - not osx related.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I am having identical problems. Additional info: Sync issues also develop after manual/drag seek.

Happy to test if necessary. Do you want/need more logs?
Don't think this is fixed still for me in 13.1, how about for you all?
(2014-06-09, 17:01)BDPNA Wrote: Don't think this is fixed still for me in 13.1, how about for you all?

As expected from the betas it is not - on Mavericks. Fixed on ML.
Anyone tried on the Yosemite beta?
Same issues here too, maybe I will just install ML on my Mini and leave it at that. Haven't tried Yosemite yet but have a feeling the problem will still be there due to whatever the new AudioEngine did.

Happy to provide great detailed logs as the issue is easy to reproduce on any Mac mini using toslink optical out. Pausing, hitting the info button, and skipping makes it happen immediately. Audio gets off by a second or two. Usually a big skip forward and back will course correct it.
Yep, easy to reproduce and I also repeat the offer to run further tests.

Sadly I can not go back to ML on my Air, this is my main machine. The issue is only going to become more widespread with XBMC users purchasing recent Macs that ship with Mavericks. I share your feeling but have just a little bit of hope that somehow Apple patched up whatever causes this as a byproduct of something else.
(yeah, I know how probable that is...)
So I saw "Fix audio problems with pass-through on OSX" in the changelog for 13.2 beta3 and decided to test again:
(I skipped beta1 and 2 because I have lots to do atm)

It doesn't look too bad. Superficially there appears to be desync after pause/play but it seems to be corrected fairly quickly. Hooray?
Well, if I bring up the codec info overlay I see strange things happening:
Even though a/v seems to be in sync after less than a second the sync error field displays around 200%. Sometimes it goes to around 0% (circling around to keep up with the speedup for 23,976 to 24p) and sometimes to 200%. I haven't been able to pin down what exactly does this.
Also the dropped frames keep increasing fairly quickly (~10/sec), something that happened before only when desync was persistent.
What's new is that even after a skip back/forward (that corrected the issue for me before) the dropped frames stay still for a little while before again starting to increase.

I will test a little further but I am not sure how much I will be able to do in the near future. I encourage others to test as well.
Memphiz, do you want new debug.logs for this issue?

I tested only on Mavericks (10.9.4) with beta3 and only with files encoded x264/ac3.
The news announcement was not ment to be related to the sync issue discussed here. It was something else. But you could try to switch over to LPCM now (if you have HDMI) - just set your speaker config to 5.1 (or whatever you have) and disable pass through. This might cure the sync problem for you (13.2 beta3 fixes channel mapping so lpcm gets usable again...).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I figured as much (seeing no activity on the trac for this issue), but my receiver only accepts S/PDIF so passthrough it is for me. Therefore I decided to test again.
At any rate, the new beta does change something, as described above.
Do you want further logs or not?

(For those newly arriving to the topic who don't want to read the whole thread, there are two ways to 'remedy' the issue if you need passthrough:
use software decoding or go back to Mountain Lion)
Switching to LPCM doesn't make any difference for me (starts to drops frames after seeking, resulting in a huge audio sync problem).
Bug is still present in Kodi alpha 2.

It's still nice to have the channel mapping fixed though Big Grin
I solved this way:
mac mini 2010 - nvidia 320m - with snow leopard 1.6.8 - audio via optical s / pdf
video hdmi connected directly to the TV
amplifier av onkyo tx-nr525
all "file 1080p" are resident in HDD via USB 2.0

xbmc settings "gotham 13.2" with "skin aeon 4.1.9.9"

audio: default
Channels: 2.0
Sampling: optimized
passthuth: Enabled
dolby: yes
dts: yes

VIDEO

ftp update: enabled; : always
break update: 0

the audio is out of sync with the video .... more

acceleration VDA: YES
For various reasons I am back to using the MBP 2010 (NVidia 320m) on Mountain Lion and updated Kodi to 13.2 there.
The issue is back!

So it was fixed (at least for me) on 13.1 for ML but not for Mavericks but it regressed for 13.2 for ML. At least that's what it looks like and I did a lot of testing back then with the Gotham betas. Still seems improbable to me but I just wanted to add that bit of information.

The only reliable fix for lip-sync issues over S/PDIF - on all versions of OSX - remains to disable either VDA decoding or 24hz playback.
did you try kodi 14 beta 5?
(2014-11-28, 18:44)Memphiz Wrote: did you try kodi 14 beta 5?

I did on the MBA in 10.10.1, the issue persists.
yay Rolleyes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio sync off with refresh rate switching (nightly builds)0