XBMC as a web site
Was just wondering how much work would this be ??

I have a lot of media that me and the kids have on the "server" and would like to use XBMC as a netflix service streaming to our location.

I have tried the XBMC server and failed miserably following the instructions to a T and still no go...

Would be nice if it would work with any of the "vanilla" servers out there ( IIS, WAMP to name a few )

I already have SQL and IIS ready to go so that shouldn't be an issue.
Also i'd be more than happy to be a guinea pig while / if this is being developed

TIA
Only solution I know of that can do this is Plex. If you install the Plex Media Server you can access it via the web like Netflix once you sign in with MyPlex. I use it parallel to XBMC on my PCs.
Check out Media browser 3 it's free and open source and will do what your after
dlna?
the title of this thread is misleading, all you seem to want is to stream media. Xbmc already supports Upnp, but that doesn't work over public internet(without some kind of VPN).

When I read the title I though you want Xbmcs interface in a browser.
title is indeed misleading
This type of thing ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=stream
Its not misleading...
I want to stream over the net not on my home network. on my home network I have PS3 media server as a DLNA server and can stream to all my devices.

What I'm saying is... instead of a program why not run a webserver and use XBMC as a website, but then I realized that XBMC is not a host, but a client.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC as a web site1