Lightpack Thread 2014
Rainbow 
Just received my Lightpack and wondering if any other XBMC users have got theirs yet?

Would be good to setup a thread with Profile suggestions and other hints and tips for the device as I have not found a great deal of info online.

Also overall a great product and worth the $100 investment, hoping for more adoption so we can get some cool app's going for XBMC and other programs.

My top tips are.

1. Use Windows 7 and immediately turn off Aero display and switch to Windows 7 Basic, will increase FPS alot.
2. Don't like me initially put LED's all around screen as I found on 42inch TV there was not enough LED's and found light was patchy, instead go for a ARC like shape and place bottom 2 LED's in the bottom Corners.
3. Adhesive strips can be pulled off and you can change LED position I done this a few times and they have not since fallen off. But I wouldn't do this a heap.
4. Don't be lazy and try and setup without taking TV off Wall mount, save time and do it Properly.
5. Set Luminosity threshold to zero and Change it to Deadzone, will make the Lightpack more responsive for initial setup.

My Mini recommendation guide is here on Reddit, along with quick demo video of a basic light-pack with 10 LED strips.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Lightpack/commen..._settings/

Prismatik Settings Descriptions

https://code.google.com/p/light-pack/wik...escription
XBMC plugin

http://www.reddit.com/r/Lightpack/commen...mc_plugin/ (if it does not install in Gotham, just extract the zip and copy to xbmc add-ons folder)

EventGhost

http://www.reddit.com/r/Lightpack/commen...st_plugin/

(2014-02-14, 07:51)Javlin Wrote: 2. Don't like me initially put LED's all around screen as I found on 42inch TV there was not enough LED's and found light was patchy, instead go for a ARC like shape and place bottom 2 LED's in the bottom Corners.

So I will definetly need 2 sets for a 50" TV?1
I have a bulky Old 42 inch TV just measured the frame and it's at 50 inches. So if you have a modern TV with little bezel you should be fine to test 1 Light pack first. I have plenty of length on my cables but the master unit needs to be placed in middle of TV.

But if you want it to completely immerse the whole area behind your TV (questionable if that's really needed) I would recommend two.

I attached a photo as you can see I left a gap at bottom, there is a gap at top but that's because the desktop picture is dark at top middle.

If I can be bothered I might experiment with 4 LED's across top and bottom and 1 on each side. Didn't occur to me that this may cover the area better, I just followed the quick setup guide..
So cool... someday when I have a man cave...
I have a 51" TV and put a Lightpack clone version on that (10 x 6 led). It doesn't seem to me that I should had placed 2 of those.
Now 4 on top, 2 on each side, and 2 below.
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]
Hello!

I received mine this week and installed it already. like it. I have XBMC installed in LINUX (Ubuntu 13.04) and Prismatic did not work. I was not able to install it. So I installed bob light Deamon and now it works!!!! I like it.

I have a 32" TV (yes I know its small - looking for a bigger one already) and one Lightpack is just fine.

Was tricky setup ... lot of experimenting ... now I am fine.

/krijeck
rebuilding ....
Got a 46 inch, and got 2 lightpacks (so I am prepared once I get a 55 inch :-P

well, I didn't have much time testing it (just recieved it yesterday, and installed it today...)

I am running XBMCbuntu on an intel i3, 8 gigs of ram and a GT420 or GT430 (can't remember, but it is not really important anyway)

Well.. it is NOT plug and play friendly, as I had a bunch of issues.
I am not a linux guru,
but I don't see myself as an novice either..

1. installing prismatik from lightpack.tv/downloads
I downloaded it, and clicked the .deb file, I was presented with 3 options. 1 install, 2 save and 3 quit.
obviously.. I installed the software, and the prismatik shortcut became available on my desktop, but.. clickin' it did nothing.

Well, I made a clean install of XBMCbuntu, as I have just been trying one of the minimal install's available, and like XBMCbuntu better for now.
So.. i did a update.
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

afterwards, the prismatik shortcut was gone..

so once more, I tried to install it, but no luck there..
instead I tried using dpkg.
Code:
dpkg --install Lightpack.deb

and here it complained of some missing libraries.
libqt5core5 or something. (sorry, typing from memory)

well, that library is part of qtbase-opensource-src which is part of the ubuntu-sdk.
so we need to add a repository for that.
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update

now almost done.
this time I succeded in installing prismatik, but still it wouldn't start.
so I tried running it through a terminal (a graphical temrinal, and not one of those ctrl+alt+f2,3,4,5)
the prismatik "executable" was located in /usr/bin/prismatik
Code:
cd /usr/bin
./prismatik
now you can see what it loads and what more, and I found that in my case, it was missing a library
i think it was libudev.so.1 or something.

well. I couldn't figure out which package I should find that in (I will continue my search, but have only had little time today)
but I did find an almost identical file called libudev.so.0 in /lib/i386-linux***
so for now, I made a link
Code:
cd /lib/i386-linux*
ln -s libudev.so.0 libudev.so.1
you might need to be root, so write sudo ln-s ********* if that is the case (again, writing from memory, as I am not home at the moment.)

Well. atlast the prismatik software started the wizard, and I could configure the lightpacks...

but the LED's where not very bright, and only had a small taint of red in them.

I had to update the firmware on the lightpack boxes using Atmel's Flip (I did this from my Windows 8 machine, as it needed Java, and I don't want Java installed on my Media Center)
The guide from lightpack.tv/downloads is fine, and I had no issues.

Well.. hope I have helped someone else out there with the same issues as I have had..

I will write a small review once I have some more time.. with my experience. Smile
I'm finding this unusable with Windows 8..

- Windows 8
- XBMC 13.3
- Nvidia GTX770 4GB
- Intel 920
- 24GB ram
- 2 lightpacks on a 65"

I turned Aero visual candies completely off, and I'm using the latest Prismtek; it's a mess. Movies play in XBMC with so little FPS that they're completely unwatchable.
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
try to set threshold to 0 and deadzone on

and play around with the smoothness, cant remember if you need to set it to 0 or 100 to see the result right away
Try using boblightd instead of the pretty awful prismatik:
http://xbmcstuff.bossanova808.net/2014/0...shark.html
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi. Downloaded evenghost plugin from here https://github.com/andreasd/Lightpack/tr.../Prismatik and installed in eventghost´s plugin folder.

On and off functions work fine. However, low and high brightness are not working. Got an error message in eventghost:
an
Is it because my system is not actually lightpack but a modified version of adalight system (50 led bought from ebay). Any ideas how to get all functions of the plugin working properly?
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
I got mine recently and having trouble setting it up. I was planning on using light pack with my android settop-box . When i connect, it is able to change the LED color based on my set top box wall paper but as soon as i start a movie all i see is constant white light. I have installed XBMC in it and i am having the same effect. Tried with PC and all i get is white light when i start a video. Any solution for this?
I have two Lightpacks - does any one know - if Ambibox will support to devices. And/or if there is a working add-on for XBMC (Kodi) and Prismatik.
(2014-08-20, 21:36)Beta Wrote: I have two Lightpacks - does any one know - if Ambibox will support to devices. And/or if there is a working add-on for XBMC (Kodi) and Prismatik.

I also have 2 lightpacks and found the most success with hyperion. I also tested boblight which you can find addon thread here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=116331
Thank you for the answer - but....

I'm using an Intel NUC, and windows 7 64 bit.
Hyperion - isn't that for Linux (Raspberry pi)?
and don't Bobligth only support 32 bit?

Linux / Raspberry Pi is not an option for me.... I have a Rapsberry Pi, but it can't do "the job" - Issues with sound.

Maybe - just maybe - prismatik will be updatet....... but i just find AmbiBox to be a much better program.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lightpack Thread 20140