PC vs. MX2
I'm new to XBMC and I'm running it from my PC currently. I don't use it every day just a few times a week for movies in HD and the occasionally sports game or MMA\Wrestling PPV. I just bought a 40 inch TV and I wanted to know if I should invest into a XBMC box like the Midnight MX2 or just keep running it from my PC since my video card has HDMI output. Which is best? I have also noticed slow buffering on movies and TV shows. Is this due to slow internet connection or my video card? Would buffering times go away if I was using a XBMC box?
PC specs?
the buffering comes from the source not your pc or internet connection I have the mx2 and sometimes I have to find a source that has the least lag
Win 7 64bit, 4gb RAM.
AMD Phenom™ 9150e Quad-Core Processor.
Video card is ATI Radeon HD Dual 4300 Series.
That setup should work just fine. If you wanna test your connection try speedtest. Also editing the advancedsettings.xml to allow more buffering cache can help.
Unless the PC can't run XBMC at all, it's almost always going to be PC > ARM box (well, some of those ARM boxes are getting crazy powerful, but not the MX2).

Although, it might be more convenient to get a dedicated box, depending on the situation.
What is the best ARM box out there for the price?
MoorReese - depends what you need.

140$ gets you this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUorE09cC-4

I'm running 1080p with no issues, has HDMI-CEC, is very fast, and low power. I also use it as linux server.
But it has no audio passthrough, downscales to stereo sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC vs. MX20