Release Gameone.de AddOn
Confirmed. TV Section is gone again for me after working for one day. ^^
(2014-08-20, 10:00)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Confirmed. TV Section is gone again for me after working for one day. ^^
Were you able to try the fix?

It seems like the Playtube section isn't working either, but I'm not sure if I should fix it or remove it from the add-on. Seems like the only new videos being added are made by users and I'm not sure if anyone watches these. Maybe I could integrate their RocketBeansTV YouTube channels. What do you guys think?
The fixes worked for me, though two of the tested videos I mentioned before failed to play once or twice before they finally played in 720p resolution.
Thanks a lot for all your work!
As for your ideas, I never watch the Playtube section and only rarely visit the RocketBeans YouTube Chanels. But I can only speak for myself.
(2014-08-21, 12:23)HanFred Wrote: The fixes worked for me, though two of the tested videos I mentioned before failed to play once or twice before they finally played in 720p resolution.
I've noticed the same, but as far as I can tell it's an issue caused by XBMC and not by my addon. Simply put my addon fetches and combines all the necessary links (player, video file, etc.) from the gameone site and tells XBMC to play it. The links were always fetched and combined correctly when I tested it, but XBMC sometimes refuses to play it.

(2014-08-21, 12:23)HanFred Wrote: Thanks a lot for all your work!
Gladly. Feedback like yours definitely helps with motivation Smile
@Culprit:

I'm using 2.0.3, the version you posted a few days ago.

TV section is not visible,
blog is visible but some videos are not playing ("Making of Episode 291"),
playtube sections are visible but clicking them results in an endless "loading" logo,
podcast section is working.

The inclusion of the RocketBeans YT channel would be nice, but not necessary since i guess most users have the YT addon installed.
2.0.4 is the newest version with the TV section already fixed. It's merely on GitHub for now, I want to take a look at the other issues before I issue a pull request again, sorry about the inconvenience.

I'll most probably remove the Playtube section, but I'll take a look at the blog issue.
Not a problem, i'm not going to complain about inconveniences provided by a free addon :>
I just pushed 2.0.5 to the GitHub repo. Blog category should be fixed, although there may be other videos which don't work. If you find one feel free to tell me again.

The playback issue mentioned by HanFred should also be better now as I use a newer version of the player. I already tried this once, but it caused issues on Windows (videos stopping after 3-4 minutes). Could some Windows users try it and tell me whether it works or not?

Important: Seems like the most recent update sometimes crashes XBMC. 2.0.4 is currently considered stable, you can get it here: https://github.com/liquex/gameone.de-on-...a05a0d.zip
Can we expect to see 2.0.4 on the official repository, since you call it the latest stable?

People like me getting the addons only from the official repository are left behind on version 2.0.3 which is not functional. Would be a good timing to push 2.0.4 into the official addon repo, being that the new season starts tonight.

In case this won't happen I would need to learn how to install from ZIP on my openELEC installation.

Anyway thank you for this addon. Have been a user of this since almost a year now, and am very happy with it.
(2014-08-22, 14:38)dong Wrote: Can we expect to see 2.0.4 on the official repository, since you call it the latest stable?

People like me getting the addons only from the official repository are left behind on version 2.0.3 which is not functional. Would be a good timing to push 2.0.4 into the official addon repo, being that the new season starts tonight.
It's only stable in the sense of not crashing your XBMC machine. Most videos, if not all, won't start playing unless you try a few times. Some blog videos aren't working at all. I definitely want to fix these issues first, so the answer is unfortunately no.

Even if I did, it almost certainly wouldn't be in the repository by the evening. It usually takes 1-3 days after the request until it's actually updated in the repo. But there is some good news: I expect to push 2.0.6 to GitHub today. This should fix all known issues.

It's kind of an unfortunate situation because 2.0.3 was considered stable just a few days ago. I requested the pull to the XBMC repo, but later on the same day the Gameone website changed again, rendering my fix useless.

I don't know much about OpenELEC, but I think installing zip files is the same on pretty much every XBMC install:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file

(2014-08-22, 14:38)dong Wrote: Anyway thank you for this addon. Have been a user of this since almost a year now, and quite happy with it.
You're welcome.

Edit: 2.0.6 is ready, you can download it here. Some feedback would be nice, so I can issue a pull request as soon as possible.
(2014-08-22, 15:05)culprit Wrote: I don't know much about OpenELEC, but I think installing zip files is the same on pretty much every XBMC install:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file

Edit: 2.0.6 is ready, you can download it here. Some feedback would be nice, so I can issue a pull request as soon as possible.

When installing from ZIP, do I need to uninstall the older version from the official repo first?
Also when installed from ZIP, does the addon still link to the official repo to get future updates or would installing from ZIP force me to come back every once in a while to check if there is a newer ZIPed version around?

One way or another I will try to install 2.0.6 from your provided ZIP and give you feedback on that.

Thanks in advance for your support!
(2014-08-23, 09:19)dong Wrote: When installing from ZIP, do I need to uninstall the older version from the official repo first?
No, but rename your zip to something unique before installing it. For example "gameone2.0.6.zip" or something like that.

(2014-08-23, 09:19)dong Wrote: Also when installed from ZIP, does the addon still link to the official repo to get future updates or would installing from ZIP force me to come back every once in a while to check if there is a newer ZIPed version around?
As long as you don't change the plugin ID and/or version number you will still get future updates from the XBMC repo.
So I went ahead and installed 2.0.6 from ZIP, which as culprit suggested works on openELEC just like on any other XBMC installation.

2.0.6 brings back the TV show listing.
So navigating from the addon into "TV" shows all years (like before) and choosing a specifi year (i tried 2014) the list of shows gets displayed (which was not working in 2.0.3).
I was able to watch yesterdays episode 295 in 720p without any problem.

I also wanted to test the blog. I have watched "1 Runde mit Portal 2: Aperture Tag" with version 2.0.3 and it is still working with 2.0.6.
I than tried to watch another video from the blog, namely "Ein Tag bei Game One: Das Making-of zu Folge 291", This also works fine but it displays two items with no title ("Ohne Titel"). First is the making off, second is the episode itself. Looking at the page itself I can understand why, but I thought it's worth reporting. (http://www.gameone.de/blog/2014/8/ein-tag-bei-game-one)

Anyway thanks for your update, I can watch the TV espisodes again =)
(2014-08-23, 12:00)dong Wrote: I than tried to watch another video from the blog, namely "Ein Tag bei Game One: Das Making-of zu Folge 291", This also works fine but it displays two items with no title ("Ohne Titel"). First is the making off, second is the episode itself. Looking at the page itself I can understand why, but I thought it's worth reporting. (http://www.gameone.de/blog/2014/8/ein-tag-bei-game-one)
Well, that's the reason why the episode didn't work in the first place. My add-on always expected a title, but couldn't get one. As you noticed my workaround is just labelling videos without a title as "Untitled".

(2014-08-23, 12:00)dong Wrote: Anyway thanks for your update, I can watch the TV espisodes again =)
You're welcome, I'm glad everything works now. I'll wait for some more feedback before i request it to be added to the repo. But I'll most probably get it updated for next weeks episode. And thanks a lot for your feedback!
(2014-02-14, 22:09)culprit Wrote: Download:
AddOn can be found in the official XBMC.org repository although there may be more recent versions on GitHub at times.

i found in the official repo only the old 2.0.3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gameone.de AddOn1