with Retroplayer on the horizon I am considering a switch from MediaPortal to XBMC, but the TSReader part is not working (RTSP Stream works)
- My current setup is a single seat setup using the latest MediaPortal 1.6.0 Frontend with the corresponding 1.6.0 backend (TVServer)
- I am using a ramdrive to store timeshift, drive T:
- I created a share with an extra user (XBMCTS) on the ramdrive, to allow access to the timeshift buffer for XBMC MediaPortal TSReader
- I use the latest Retroplayer build by Garbear (RetroPlayer 2014-02-10-e29db80 - Gotham Alpha 12) http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173361
- I did install and activate the latest XBMC plugin in the MePo TVserver (18.104.22.168), the shares are recognized as well (green font)
- I configured the PVR plugin in XBMC to use TSReader and the created user XBMCTS using the DOMAIN seperated by ; or \ (tried both and without domain)
- Fetching the EPG and Channel group works fine
- Starting a channel results in an error
00:44:13 T:1132 INFO: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: FileReader::OpenFile() T:smb://SynthHTPC;XBMCTS:firstname.lastname@example.org.
00:44:13 T:1132 INFO: Previous line repeats 24 times.
00:44:13 T:1132 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: FileReader::OpenFile(), open file T:smb://SynthHTPC;XBMCTS:email@example.com failed.
00:44:13 T:1132 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: MultiFileReader: buffer file opened return code 1.
00:44:13 T:1132 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Failed to open file 'T:\\live5-0.ts.tsbuffer' as 'T:smb://SynthHTPC;XBMCTS:firstname.lastname@example.org'
I did notice that the drive letter is written in front of the SMB path, is this the cause of the problem? The .ts files are created fine on the ramdrive.
Any suggestions? Please advice
Windows - TSReader in latest Retroplayer build
Joined: Oct 2008
2014-02-15 02:14 Post: #1
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: The Netherlands
2014-03-16 18:46 Post: #2
Bugfix is submitted as pull request for Gotham beta 3.
For now the only workaround is to create a subdirectory on your RAM drive.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and the Argus-TV PVR-addon. Unofficial XBMC Windows builds with PVR.