[SOLVED] Turning on and off ZBOX-ID84-PLUS-U with remote
I was wondering if someone could help me with suspending and turning on my ZBOX-ID84-PLUS-U with the remote. Is this even possible with my model? I have the newest version of openelec installed on it. Any help would be appreciated.
SOLVED THE ISSUED....

I tried everything to get my zotac to turn on and off with the remote but was not able to. I tried all the bios setting and still nothing. In the end I programed a suspend button on the remote.

Note - Do not try to program your power button to suspend. This did not work for me. It would work to suspend but not to wake. Instead of waking my machine it would power it off.

First Step
You must first figure out which button on your remote you want to use. In my case I used the media button.

Second Step
Now that you pick which button you want to use, you have to find out what the irw command is for that button. Using your terminal login to your machine and type irw. Start pressing the button on your remote control that you want to use to suspend.

you should see irw output something like this (for this example I will be using the media key)
6c 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput
6c 0 KEY_MEDIA_UP devinput

The irw command you need is the first one which is KEY_MEDIA. No need for the numbers or devinput.

Third Step
If you don't have a .lircrc file you must create one

/storage/.config/.lircrc
Code:
# sleep
begin
button = KEY_MEDIA
prog = irexec
config = /storage/.config/sleep.sh
end

Fourth Step
If you don't have a sleep.sh file you must create one

/storage/.config/sleep.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
pm-suspend

Reboot your system and the button should now suspend your system. To wake press the power button.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Turning on and off ZBOX-ID84-PLUS-U with remote0