NO AUDIO THROUGH HDMI - XBMC v12.2, 2012 MBA, ONKYO Reciever
When connecting my MBA to my receiver, audio from XBMC only plays through my MBA internal speakers.

I am connecting via TDA HDMI cable.

Video is fine, just no audio passing along the HDMI.

My wider setup is Panasonic Viera LED, connected to Onkyo TXR414 system via HDMI. I am plugging the MBA directly into the receiver. I have tried plugging directly into the TV, which in theory means the audio should pass to my receiver via ARC. But again this not working and is actually quite buggy, intermittently sending audio and kicking out my ARC/Viera link setup... I am therefor avoiding this setup.

I have screenshots but do not know how to place these into a post (forum newb).

Settings are currently
- XBMC>SYSTEM>SETTINGS>SYSTEM>AUDIO>OUTPUT>HDMI
- MAVERICKS>SETTINGS>SOUND>OUTPUT DEVICE>TXR414

I previously owned a Mac Mini which worked fine in the format I am trying to achieve with the MBA.

I wonder if this is something to do with there not being and actual HDMI port on the MBA, but instead a thunderbolt port? The Mac Mini has HDMI.

If you click the "HELP" link at the top of your browser window and the the "My Code" link you will see this-

All you have to do is upload your screenshots to your site of choice (I use tinypics.com) and then post the img link here.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
That appears to be a v13 Alpha build. I would update to the latest nightly build (wiki) and you will see the "settings level" button that shows more settings for audio output.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NO AUDIO THROUGH HDMI - XBMC v12.2, 2012 MBA, ONKYO Reciever0