Solved For the love of god someone help me fix this!! I GIVE UP!!
Let XBMC scrape the library then export the library as "separate files", which generates NFO files.
(2014-02-16, 20:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Let XBMC scrape the library then export the library as "separate files", which generates NFO files.

I was going to ask if there was a way to do that!
Will it export the artwork as well?
yes
Why this need for an outside scraper? You already proved that xbmc carried out the scrape successfully, once all the crap was cleared out of your folder structure Test 3.

Sorting titles
Quote:I get what your saying but its quite if not more common to list names of things with the article at the end followed by a comma. That way you don't have 50 movies that start with THE or A.
Extremely common and that is what that setting is for. It will work for your movies, because you have them named correctly - you name your movies "The Wolverine", "The Hunger Games" etc which with the provision of the setting I suggested, places them in the library in the correct place under "W" and "H"

It clearly won't work with your TV Naming convention as you have them incorrectly named. If you name your movies that way, why change for TV Shows Undecided

To paraphrase your own thread title - "For the love of god" - stick with what works.

If your testing proves anything it is that 3rd party scrapers are easily broken by changes to xbmc code and aren't always up to date - internal scrapers are. Code is not written to accomodate 3rd party unsupported scrapers, quite the opposite.
The only time i deal with External scraper is when i have to make massive changed Else i let XBMC do the work.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
(2014-02-16, 21:01)steelman1991 Wrote: Why this need for an outside scraper? You already proved that xbmc carried out the scrape successfully, once all the crap was cleared out of your folder structure Test 3.

Well, like I mentioned I just like to have everything stored locally.
Plus the easier ability to choose what artwork it uses... I know this can be changed afterwards but in reality I guess its not that important!
But as Ned Scott suggested just let XBMC scrape and then export... so you pretty much have me convinced. I've already let XBMC scrape and have exported the library.

However even choosing to go that route I will still have to do some things manually.
As I mentioned before I have some things like extras and such set up as their own tv shows.

Now for some reason since I started over and made a few minor changes with TMM my oddball shows are not recognized by XMBC. I have about 6 of these
I remember having this issue when I originally set things up but that was so long ago I don't remember how I got around it.
I'm assuming the major issue is that there is no tvdb info in the nfo file and it obviously does not recognize the name of the folder as an actual tv show... but if I have an nfo file with the information in it then why doesn't XBMC just use the info and add the show to the library.

example of my Family Guy Extras nfo
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<!-- created on 2014-02-16 13:35:16 - tinyMediaManager 2.5.2 -->
<tvshow>
<title>Family Guy Extras</title>
<sorttitle>Family Guy Extras</sorttitle>
<year>2014</year>
<rating>10.0</rating>
<votes>1</votes>
<plot>Family Guy is an American adult animated sitcom created by Seth MacFarlane for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series centers on the Griffins, a family consisting of parents Peter and Lois; their children Meg, Chris, and Stewie; and their anthropomorphic pet dog Brian. The show is set in the fictional city of Quahog, Rhode Island, and exhibits much of its humor in the form of cutaway gags that often lampoon American culture.

The family was conceived by MacFarlane after developing two animated films, The Life of Larry and Larry &amp; Steve. MacFarlane redesigned the films' protagonist, Larry, and his dog, Steve, and renamed them Peter and Brian, respectively. MacFarlane pitched a seven-minute pilot to Fox on May 15, 1998. The show was given the green light and started production. Shortly after the third season of Family Guy had aired in 2001, Fox cancelled the series, putting the series to a 2-year hiatus. However, favorable DVD sales and high ratings for syndicated reruns on Adult Swim convinced the network to renew the show in 2004 for a 4th season, which began airing on May 1, 2005.

Family Guy has been nominated for 12 Primetime Emmy Awards and 11 Annie Awards, and has won three of each. In 2009, it was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Comedy Series, the first time an animated series was nominated for the award since The Flintstones in 1961. Family Guy has also received criticism, including unfavorable comparisons for its similarities to The Simpsons.

Many tie-in media have been released, including Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, a straight-to-DVD special released in 2005; Family Guy: Live in Vegas, a soundtrack-DVD combo released in 2005, featuring music from the show as well as original music created by MacFarlane and Walter Murphy; a video game and pinball machine, released in 2006 and 2007, respectively; since 2005, six books published by Harper Adult based on the Family Guy universe; and Laugh It Up, Fuzzball: The Family Guy Trilogy (2010), a series of parodies of the original Star Wars trilogy. In 2008, MacFarlane confirmed that the cast was interested in producing a feature film and that he was working on a story for a film adaptation. A spin-off series, The Cleveland Show, featuring Cleveland Brown, aired from September 27, 2009 to May 19, 2013. "The Simpsons Guy", a crossover episode with The Simpsons, is scheduled to air in Fall 2014. Family Guy is a joint production by Fuzzy Door Productions and 20th Century Fox Television and syndicated by 20th Television. In 2013, TV Guide ranked Family Guy the ninth Greatest TV Cartoon of All Time.</plot>
<mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
<episodeguide>
<url></url>
</episodeguide>
<id></id>
<premiered>1998-12-20</premiered>
<status>Ended</status>
<studio></studio>
</tvshow>

What is missing from this that is keeping XBMC from just listing it as a tv show?
By the way, thanks for the help!
EXTRAS are Season 0 and named S00EXX fyi.
If these extra's have been aired, they may well be on the tvdb (check and see) and if they are just name them as uNiversal suggests, corresponding to the tvdb listing.

If they aren't you should compare a correctly scraped and exported nfo against your 'home-made' one. This should provide you with the 'missing' pieces.
(2014-02-16, 23:15)uNiversal Wrote: EXTRAS are Season 0 and named S00EXX fyi.

This is different. These are my own extras ripped from dvd's. This stuff is not listed on tvdb.
I made specific 'Tv Shows' for a few shows that I ripped all the extras from dvd's on. There were enough of them to go through the effort. I even have them separated by seasons.
Plus a few other things I put in there that are just not on tvdb.

(2014-02-16, 23:51)steelman1991 Wrote: If these extra's have been aired, they may well be on the tvdb (check and see) and if they are just name them as uNiversal suggests, corresponding to the tvdb listing.

If they aren't you should compare a correctly scraped and exported nfo against your 'home-made' one. This should provide you with the 'missing' pieces.

Well, I don't know what XBMC's retarded logic is but the short story is I had to do one more fresh install!
I tried these shows on another pc with a new install and they worked flawlessly with the existing nfo's and artwork

So, back to the HTPC. Uninstall, reinstall.
Didn't change a damn setting... straight to the video directories.
Everything scanned in fine.

I think I'm finally doneBig Grin

Thanks guys.
For the love of God, mark the thread as solved, Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For the love of god someone help me fix this!! I GIVE UP!!0