All episode views not the same. Why?
I am tweaking an old skin (Sketchy) and while I am able to figure out some things and can mod skins somewhat, I am far from skilled enough to be a skinner. Anyway, I was modding some an episode view by resizing and moving controls around and changing font sizes and such when I noticed something odd. I was testing out the modified view with different shows and the viewtype would change depending on which season I clicked on.

For example I was modding the "Alt. Episode List" view and that is what I had the view set for at the episode level, when I clicked on seasons 1, 2 or 3 I was taken to that view as expected. But when I clicked on season 4, I was taken to the "List" view instead of the "Alt. Episode List". No matter how many times I tried this the results were the same. I finally went into the episode view for seaosn 4 and changed it to "Alt. Episode List" and then it worked as expected on subsequent tests.

I found the same problem on seemingly random seasons for other shows too. If I change the episode level view to something entirely different, the majority of the seasons change to that view as expected, but the ones that I originally had a problem with stay at their previous view.

Anyone have any ideas why this could be happening. I've never seen this before.
It's saved per-path in addition to changing the default view type.

Thus, whenever you trigger a change, that change will persist for that particular listing regardless of how you change it for some other listing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have never noticed that before. Is that a relatively new thing? Is there a way to get all the listings for a particular view (seasons, episodes, etc) set the same and make them stay that way?
Delete your viewmodes.db and then always change the view in the same show.
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All episode views not the same. Why?0