XBMC losing passthrough
I built a new windows 7 xbmc with NVidia gt 610 and latest stable drivers. I have tried with Frodo 12.3 and latest nightlies with same result.
The video card and audio all show up fine and working in windows.
Installed xbmc and choose wsapi SC-79( my pioneer receiver). Works fine. Now if I restart xbmc or reboot windows (I have xbmc start when pc boots), that wsapi selection is gone and in its place is only directsound, which results in crazy jerkiness, stuttering, etc. But its like xbmc cant see the wsapi anymore, its gone. Now if I exit xbmc to windows desktop, the audio sees the receiver just fine in NVidia control panel, and if I then start xbmc again from the desktop it sees it just fine. So, only when I reboot for some reason xbmc loses the receiver.

Any advice? Could it be the xbmc install? The video card?
Try delaying the startup of xbmc on boot, maybe via a batch file.
(2014-02-16, 23:46)teeedubb Wrote: Try delaying the startup of xbmc on boot, maybe via a batch file.

Good idea. Can you make one for me, I don't know how Blush
(2014-02-16, 23:31)Me23 Wrote: Any advice?
If your AVR have option to pass through HDMI audio out to TV, you can try to turn it off.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok, figured out the batch file. Pretty easy. Confusedmile:

However, here is a problem I discovered. I usually leave my xbmcs on all the time, so accessing is pretty fast. But I noticed if I turn off my receiver, then the xbmc loses the audio connection setting. So for instance I finish watching a movie, turn off receiver and projector. Leave xbmc on ready for next time. Come back turn receiver back on, xbmc has no volume.

Strange because I have another xbmc that reboots every night, on a matrix, and never loses its audio setting.

(2014-02-17, 04:24)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-16, 23:31)Me23 Wrote: Any advice?
If your AVR have option to pass through HDMI audio out to TV, you can try to turn it off.

Yeah, that setting is not enabled. Look at new post bluray.
From the Wiki

1.7 Upon booting, start XBMC with a delay

When starting XBMC on Windows startup it can be that some sub services weren't started when XBMC is up. To delay XBMC just add the parameter -d X (in the Target field after the closing quotation mark) to the shortcut's properties used to launch XBMC, with X equal to the startup delay in seconds.

So in effect, just modify the shortcut icons properties"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC" -d 20
Gotcha, that's even better than a batch file, PatK. Thanks

However, still doesn't answer my issue in above post. I guess I just have to manually cut on the xbmc after the receiver is on. Or leave receiver and htpc on all the time.
You could try extracting the edid of the avr/TV and make the pc use the extracted edid - that way your PC will think that the avr/TV is always on.there is loads of info about this on the avs forums.
Interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks
(2014-02-17, 04:28)Me23 Wrote: However, here is a problem I discovered. I usually leave my xbmcs on all the time, so accessing is pretty fast. But I noticed if I turn off my receiver, then the xbmc loses the audio connection setting. So for instance I finish watching a movie, turn off receiver and projector. Leave xbmc on ready for next time. Come back turn receiver back on, xbmc has no volume.
If you want to maintain EDID, you need this- Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC...
Thanks bluray. Appreciate the help guys.
(2014-02-17, 04:28)Me23 Wrote: However, here is a problem I discovered. I usually leave my xbmcs on all the time, so accessing is pretty fast. But I noticed if I turn off my receiver, then the xbmc loses the audio connection setting. So for instance I finish watching a movie, turn off receiver and projector. Leave xbmc on ready for next time. Come back turn receiver back on, xbmc has no volume.

Strange because I have another xbmc that reboots every night, on a matrix, and never loses its audio setting.

I have the exact same problem, using SC1522k and it's pretty annoying. Here's a couple of excerpts from my post about the issue...
(2014-01-06, 21:55)jjd-uk Wrote: The only time in my experience the audio output device setting will change, is if HDMI is used and XBMC is started before the HDMI is available...

With HDMI the connection must be made and the connected device (TV/AVR) switched on before XBMC is started as the available devices is only checked at start up, if the HDMI link isn't active then it's marked as unplugged by the OS so XBMC skips it.

(2014-01-06, 22:23)jjd-uk Wrote: The AVR being in standby will indeed cause a problem, it needs to be on before XBMC is started.
Ok. So hdmi detective plus helped bluray, thanks. Well it partially helped. If I cut power to receiver, xbmc still sees it thanks to the gefen device. But if I reboot, like wpbpete above states, xbmc loads faster than its able to detect the device. So I fixed that by adding the delay command to xbmc shortcut like Patk suggested.
So all is good now. Thanks everyone!
(2014-02-20, 03:05)Me23 Wrote: Ok. So hdmi detective plus helped bluray, thanks. Well it partially helped. If I cut power to receiver, xbmc still sees it thanks to the gefen device.
It works as it designed to do.....

(2014-02-19, 20:43)wpbpete Wrote:

I have the exact same problem, using SC1522k and it's pretty annoying. Here's a couple of excerpts from my post about the issue...
(2014-01-06, 21:55)jjd-uk Wrote: The only time in my experience the audio output device setting will change, is if HDMI is used and XBMC is started before the HDMI is available...

With HDMI the connection must be made and the connected device (TV/AVR) switched on before XBMC is started as the available devices is only checked at start up, if the HDMI link isn't active then it's marked as unplugged by the OS so XBMC skips it.

(2014-01-06, 22:23)jjd-uk Wrote: The AVR being in standby will indeed cause a problem, it needs to be on before XBMC is started.
It is all related to HDMI, and HDMI detective should be good for it ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC losing passthrough0