Cannot see movies linked to my NAS
Hello,

I added some movies from my local HDD (on my laptop) and can see the movies by directly clicking on "movies" in the xbmc menu.
However, when I add videos from my NAS, I need to add them through File > Browse > "my_NAS_address and folder I want to link to" and create a file name "movies_NAS" for example.

When I want to read them, they do not show in the movie title, but I have to go to File > "movies_NAS".

How to bring these movies up to the same tree location as the HDD movies, and seeing them directly by clicking on movies menu ?

Thank you
Do you mean that movies are visible only in Vidos section and not in Movies?

If thats the case then you missed to specify directory content. You can set it via the source folder context menu > Set content.

If only recent movies aren't showing in Movies section then you need to update the library.
No, let me re-phrase:

Movies/videos from my HDD are well located in the Movie Section directly.
Movies/videos from my NAS are located in Movie Section > File > movie_NAS

I need to navigate down the Movie Section tree so see them. And I would like to have all my movies (regardless of the origin) at the same Movie Section directly (without the need to click several times down the menu).

Note: what's the difference between Movies Section (created when I added some movied from my HDD) and Videos Section (there by default if I recall) ?

Thanks
So you want to view all movies from Video > Files > Movies (both - local movies and those from the nas) instead of having two sources Video > Files > Movies/Movies_NAS?

If thats the case try adding two paths to a single source. In order to do so choose "Edit source" from your movies source context menu.
In the newly opened window click Add > Browse and add the nas movies. Close the "Edit video source" windows.
The next time you open Videos > Files > Movies you should see all movies in one place.
:-) we're almost there

Actually, I would like to view all movies from Video (withou going down in the Files > Movies)
I do not think that it is possible.
Oh ! ok then...

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot see movies linked to my NAS0