VLC external player video cropping
I have VLC working fine as an external player in xbmc/windows 7. However, when I play videos from TWIT, Revision 3 and others the video gets cropped on the right side and also does not take up the full screen (without zooming in). I've messed with many of the video display settings/aspect ratios, etc. - I've found nothing that fixes this so far. Any ideas?
Feel free to try this stream yourself on VLC.
Thanks,
JD

In this example, you should see the entire TV image on the right.

This must be a pure vlc issue.

Afaik the strm gets transferred to vlc, so this would also happen if you open the file in vlc directly. Have you troubleshoot this?
Well I've tried multiple setting in VLC, nothing has panned out.
I would gladly troubleshoot this more - or preferably just get some suggestions on a better external player that works well with these steams.
Thanks,
JD
The best free external player for me is MPC-HC, and you can grab externalplayer file from here- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.

If you are interesting, the site I listed in "post #6" have excellent write up for setting up madVR using MPC-HC...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
* natethomas doesn't understand why one would use an external player to play internet streams.
(2014-02-19, 00:48)natethomas Wrote: * natethomas doesn't understand why one would use an external player to play internet streams.
If it is internet streaming (Netflix, Amazon, etc) or recorded live TV (Directv, etc), I do this "post #8". I use MCE as my main GUI, and I can get XBMC from MCE as shown below....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Right, but OP didn't mention those. He mentioned shows like twit and rev3, both of which work wonderfully in the native player.
I think the most common reason people use external players is because of the ability to use custom postprocessor filters to help with upscaling low end content.

I solve the same issue by only watching high quality content ...
(2014-02-19, 00:48)natethomas Wrote: * natethomas doesn't understand why one would use an external player to play internet streams.

Thanks Nate... You bring up a good point that I should have clarified.

My main reason for using an external player was for using the variable speed playback (1.4x) in VLC.

It seems that MPC-HC will only do 2.0x... no good for me.
Is there another solution?
Thanks,
JD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VLC external player video cropping0