XBMC BBQ ?
I've been an avid fan of CyanogenMod for a few years as I'm sure many of you have as well. Each year they seem to take part in Android BBQ, which from what I gather is for both fans and developers alike. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Is there anything like this for XBMC? I'd love to grab a beer (or buy a beer for) with some XBMC members/devs at a BBQ! Is this something that you guys have done or discussed?

It would be great to put a face to the aliases on this forum and I think it would be great for the community. Considering we're spread out across the world then perhaps there should be held one per continent or something along those lines. I'd gladly chip in to make this a possibility if people are interested. Let me know what you think. Smile
Hey there,

We usually have a meetup organised as part of devcon, and obviously can meet folk when the various conferences are on (Linuxconf, SCALE). We also had a "buy a dev a beer t-shirt" campaign last devcon which was highly successful (a great many beers were consumed) and also had some users turn up which was fun.

If you'd like to organise something in your neck of the woods, then feel free to do so - there's definitely XBMC team members in Sweden at least Smile

Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-02-17, 05:39)jmarshall Wrote: Hey there,

We usually have a meetup organised as part of devcon, and obviously can meet folk when the various conferences are on (Linuxconf, SCALE). We also had a "buy a dev a beer t-shirt" campaign last devcon which was highly successful (a great many beers were consumed) and also had some users turn up which was fun.

If you'd like to organise something in your neck of the woods, then feel free to do so - there's definitely XBMC team members in Sweden at least Smile

Jonathan

Yea, I took a look at XBMC Devcon via the Wiki. Think it could be a good idea, perhaps one of the existing meetups would be a more practical solution. (still love the idea of a BBQ) Smile

Would be nice to gauge the interest from others in here as organizing something like this isn't a trivial matter!
Would love to arrange something for any interested London, UK users / developers.
Come the summer i would happily host a BBQ type event. The chicken wings may end up in the thames with the weather at present...
DoubleT, now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I'd be happy to help in any way I can, though I'm not quite sure yet how that would be. This is just an idea that came to me. Weather isn't that important, with enough beer we'll easily forget about that!
Would be great to put some faces to names but also i would be interested in a developer side to this.
As you say not sure if there is interest in this passed my own, but a semi regular meet up where people could share ideas for Add-Ons or other improvements.

For example, i feel i have years of knowledge when it comes to home automation amongst other things, but am a complete novice at coding.
I would be more than happy to teach or offer my services if someone could help me with some projects i have on the go.
(2014-02-17, 15:07)DoubleT Wrote: Would love to arrange something for any interested London, UK users / developers.
Come the summer i would happily host a BBQ type event. The chicken wings may end up in the thames with the weather at present...

I'd go for that Big Grin
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Ok, so we could have a sign up form to see who's interested I suppose? Google forms or something? I have not done this before.
http://meetup.com
Thanks Ned, i will look into creating something later today.
Thinking will create a XBMC-London group and then book in two days, one a pub / bbq visit and one more dev related.
Sounds amazing... I'm London based and have been getting to know the software over the past year - Would love to meet fellow users - I'm definitely not at a developer level though! ;-)
Anyone interested please fill this out and we can start to put ideas and numbers together. Was going to use MeetUp but its not free to create an event.

https://docs.google.com/a/hedgerows.net/...0/viewform
3 of us so far.
Keep em coming.
Will start to sort a potential date when we have some more Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC BBQ ?0