Win Increase number of custom Main Menu & Sub Menu items
Hello

Does anyone know if it is possible to increase the number of custom Main Menu & Sub Menu items available in the Aeon Nox skin, and if so how this is achieved?

I have used up all of the available ones and would like to add a few more.

As additional information I am using Windows 7 Home Premium, XBMC Frodo and Aeon Nox 4.1.9

Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matt
Short answer, no.

Nox 5.0 on Gotham using a different way to populate all menus and as far as I know, there's no specific limit to how many you can have. That being said, the skin is quite different from 4.x on Frodo and it would require skin settings reset.

How'd you manage to use every menu slot? There's all the defaults + 10 custom ones....
Hiya.

Thanks for getting back to me again. You were the guy that responded to my last post. Your help is much appreciated.

OK, in that case I can wait for the new version to be released. To be honest I'm thinking of removing a few things from my menu's now, so might not need so many anyway.

In response to your question I managed to use all the slots because I have pimped the hell out of my XBMC setup with quite a few customisations. I now use it as a stand alone interface to do most things on my living room TV, direct from XBMC, without having to use Windows .

As a result of this my Menu setup is now as follows:

1. Pictures

2. Books (Sub Menu: Audio Books, Calibre, EBooks).

3. Music (Sub Menu: Add-ons, 8Track, Grooveshark, Headphones, Music Videos, Karaoke, Radio, Files, Library)

4. Movies (Sub Menu: Trailers, Couch Potato, IMDB Watchlist, Library)

5. TV (Sub Menu: Live TV, TV Shows, TV on Demand, Sickbeard)

6. Videos (Sub Menu: Video Channels, Files, Add-ons)

7. On Demand (Sub Menu: 1Channel, Ice Films, Navi-x, Project Free TV)

8. Featured - As standard

9. Sports Videos (Sub Menu: ESPN Video, Fox Sports, NBA Video, Spobox)

10. Sports (Sub Menu: Football, Boxing, Cricket, Formula 1, Golf, Rugby, Tennis, MMA) - Each of these brings up a list of websites for the selected sport that I can view in full screen kiosk mode directly from the menu.

11. Games (Sub Menu: Emulators, Onlive, PC Games, PC Game Manuals, Retro Games, Simulators, Steam, XBMC Games) - Each of the PC games has been modified so that I can play them without having to enter the disc. They can all be played using the xbox 360 controller, and the controller is remapped to work with each game as the game is launched. This is also true of all emulators and onlive/steam etc.

12. Internet (Sub Menu: Web Browsers, Web Sites) - Web browsers gives me a selection of the most common browsers to use(Firefox, safari etc), and web sites gives me a list of popular websites that I can launch and view in full screen kiosk mode directly from the menu.

13. Microsoft Office - Enables me to launch the various Microsoft Office applications

14 - Apps (Android Phone as Headphones, Android Phones as Headphones disconnect, Android phone as webcam, Android phone as webcam disconnect, Google Earth, Google Maps, iPhone as Headphones, iPhone as Headphones disconnect, iPhone as Web camera, iPhone as web camera disconnect, iTunes, LogMeIn, SABnzbd, Skype, VirtualDJ, Voip Telephone)

15 - Windows 7 - Currently XBMC loads on startup. This logs out of the XBMC windows account and logs into a different windows account that launches to the desktop as per usual

16. Programs - As standard

17. Search - As standard

18. Shutdown - As standard

19. Favorites - As standard

20. Weather - As standard

As you can imagine that took me quite a while to set up, which is why I dont like having to update the skin if this results in me having to configure all of the menus again!!

While we are on the point, I followed your advice about updating to the new Aeon skin to resolve the resizing issue with my main menu fanart, and it worked. The images are now filling the screen and I did keep my menu Configuration, so thank you for that

Sorry for the long reply, wanted to show off about my setup ;-)

Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase number of custom Main Menu & Sub Menu items0