Understanding scraping and .nfo files - Duration
Hi all,

I was looking for some advice please:

I currently add videos to my 'Movies' library using 'The MovieDB' scraper

My duration of movie in nfo is displayed as '1hr 35m' - however in XBMC it is displayed as 95mins - any idea why this happening? can i change it so that duration is displayed in 'hrs mins' format on mediainfo pages

Many thanks in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Maybe a skin-specific way of interpreting and displaying the value?

The NFO value simply seeds the database when you scan it... I think XBMC will then determine for itself how long something really is. You could test this by importing dubious information (e.g. 10 minutes) and then re-exporting.
(2014-02-17, 13:10)Prof Yaffle Wrote: Maybe a skin-specific way of interpreting and displaying the value?

The NFO value simply seeds the database when you scan it... I think XBMC will then determine for itself how long something really is. You could test this by importing dubious information (e.g. 10 minutes) and then re-exporting.

Thanks for the reply. True, it could be the skin

Am using both Aeon Nox and Aeon MQ5 and they both show in minutes as opposed to hr mins as in nfo

when you say import - you mean edit my .nfo to a dummy value?

and export - you mean update library?
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Import - if an NFO exists when you scrape or refresh something, it will be used in preference to getting new information from the internet.

Export - you can export your entire library to individual files - probably overkill to test this - but that creates NFOs that include the current database entries for each item in your library, including CODEC, watched status, certificate, duration, etc. - basically, everything XBMC knows about a file.
Apparently it is in the software coding itself

I might be mistaken, but i think we only store the duration in minutes and thats whats presented to the skin.
(2014-02-17, 18:08)prae5 Wrote: I might be mistaken, but i think we only store the duration in minutes and thats whats presented to the skin.

Thanks - shame though as I would like to display in Hrs mins

I dug into the skin code for Aeon and Confluence... there doesn't appear to be any manipulation of values, the skins simply display them as per your selected localisation. Given that the skins are XML, I'm not even sure whether it would be possible to do the sort of calculation that would be needed to convert a time value unless there's something that can be added to that localisation code, as is presumably the case for the C/F conversion for temperature.
Thanks for the info and digging into the code Prof Yaffle

It is possible the skin can present it as hours and minutes but it would need a manual edit.

I am just not sure it the listitem supports parsing it to (hh:mm) but I will check when I am home.
(2014-02-17, 19:02)Kib Wrote: It is possible the skin can present it as hours and minutes but it would need a manual edit.

I am just not sure it the listitem supports parsing it to (hh:mm) but I will check when I am home.

Oh wow - a glimmer of hope.

thanks again - am using primarily Aeon MQ5 at present and occasionally Aeon Nox

I am sorry but it can't be done currently. (I tried in a few ways)

The duration is stored in the database as minutes and can be retrieved with
Code:
$Info[ListItem.Duration]

This however returns the code in minutes, and is not possible to convert it within the skin to show hours and minutes.

References:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75036&page=2
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80304
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=105084
Thanks again Kib for looking into it further

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Understanding scraping and .nfo files - Duration0