Understanding scraping and .nfo files - Audiocodec info
Hi all,

I was looking for some advice please:

I currently add videos to my 'Movies' library using 'The MovieDB' scraper

My Audiocodec icon/image does not appear even though it is present in my .nfo file

Code:
<streamdetails>
   <audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>a_truehd</codec>
   </audio>
</streamdetails>

The behaviour is strange in the sense that all my 'TrueHD' audio movies have the same codec info layout in their respective video nfos but the 'TrueHD' audiocodec icon/image only appears for some of these movies.

and Audio appears as 'True HD' when I press for the Codec Info when playing the movie file. My amp shows the TrueHD logo too.

Hope someone can shed some light

Thanks in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

I'm not sure on the full story, but the streamdetails stuff works a bit differently than most of the other data. Most of the time streamdetails are taken from the file itself and anything in an NFO file, or even from a previous playback, will often be ignored as soon as new data is found. I'm not sure if NFO data is ever actually used, but I think this came up once when people were trying to manually correct/define aspect ratio, so that it would show up correctly in the GUI.

tl;dr - XBMC won't really care about streamdetails in nfo files. That data should show up once a movie is played or looked at by XBMC in some way.
(2014-02-18, 00:31)Ned Scott Wrote: I'm not sure on the full story, but the streamdetails stuff works a bit differently than most of the other data. Most of the time streamdetails are taken from the file itself and anything in an NFO file, or even from a previous playback, will often be ignored as soon as new data is found. I'm not sure if NFO data is ever actually used, but I think this came up once when people were trying to manually correct/define aspect ratio, so that it would show up correctly in the GUI.

tl;dr - XBMC won't really care about streamdetails in nfo files. That data should show up once a movie is played or looked at by XBMC in some way.

Many thanks for the information.

Still not sure why the audiocodec would not show up on my movie info pages/wall then - CodecInfo displays it and my amplifier recognises it
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

That would be a skinning issue Smile

Could you be more specific which skin it is and where you do see it and where you don't ? Maybe add some screenshots (press prnt-screen on a keyboard) ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Understanding scraping and .nfo files - Audiocodec info0