scraper refuses to scrap
Question 
Hello everyone,

Im trying to set up XBMC (Frodo 12.2) with OpenElec (last updated) on my raspberry pi (model B 512).
Video files are hosted on my desktop computer (windows 7) over the same LAN network (nothing original).
Ive already setup the music sharing, it works perfectly.

However, every movie files are labeled following this template:
[film director] – [original title] – [year].[extention]
Here is an example:
David Lynch – The Elephant Man – [1980].avi

I use this naming rule since years for personal reasons, and im kind of used to it.
I just would like to know if I could use XBMC without renaming my files.
There are about 500, the TVDB scrapper only spot half a dozen of them.
Maybe could I fix it using the advancedsettings.xml thing?

Thank you for your help!
What you want doesn't fit the format- http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...les/Movies. Someone else may have a better solution but I believe you're going to need to rename the files.Sad

Edit: you could use NFO files (wiki) with the correct TMDB url. You would need to create one for each video though. I think this will work with the TMDB scraper, I know it works with UMS and imdb url's. You might want to do some testing with just a few files.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Depending on the volume of movies you are trying to add to the Pi's library, you may be better off scraping your movies and artwork and store this with the movies.

Check out Media Companion, Here or Homepage, as this is what I do.
Use Media Companion to scrape the movie, creating a nfo and downloading the poster and fanart.

Then the Pi will use the local nfo and artwork instead of having to download from the internet.

Also, the filename will have to contain the Movie Name first, followed by Year, and if you really want the director, this should be at the end.
Reason is the scraper looks for a valid movie title first and the for the year. If the director's name is leading in the filename, then the scraper thinks this is the movie title.

Hope this is of help.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
Hello everyone and thank you very much for your quick answers!

I read carefully the information you gave to me then installed the media companion app (nice one btw).
I first tried without modifying the name of my movies files and, good news, most of them have been scraped without any problem!
The other ones which have failed contain some special characters in their names, that’s why I add to search them manually over IMDB. By now, everything is fine. Artwork, NFO files.. Smile

Now I was just thinking if I could store these files into the raspberry SD card, and leave the movie files on my desktop computer. The goal is to be able to browse the XBMC library even if the computer is switched off.
And if I want to play a movie then, the computer must have to be turned on.

May this doable?
Hello guys,
I finally scraped all my movie collection using media companion (about 400 movies).
Then I asked XBMC to scrap the folder through samba share, by clicking on ‘update library’.
But men, it takes soooo long: after 12 hours, only 150 of them have been processed.
Hopefully, the import seems to be prefer the MC generated NFO rather than the MovieDB info.
I can’t wait to test if the library will still be available when the desktop computer will be turned off.
If it's taking 12 hours for 150 movies I suspect it's going to the internet rather than importing the NFO, or it's got some other problem which is causing the delay - just a guess, but maybe it's pulling in all the cast details - potentially hundreds of actors/crew per movie - from the internet?

I can scrape 650 movies (local NFO, local poster/fanart, internet based cast only not full crew) in under 2 hours on a 1GHz Pi over NFS.

I'd suggest setting up a small subset of your library (half a dozen movies) and importing that, until you are sure it's working the way you are expecting it to as something is still wrong.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thank you for your fast answer.

Scraping is done now, after 17 hours processing(!) Everything looks OK on XBMC. I am just wondering about the processing time.
I also got local NFOs with posters and actors. I have a very fast internet access (optical fiber 100 Mbits/s) and 700 MHz Raspberry Pi.

The only thing I know is the posters are taken from my computer:
Because I am kind of ‘neat freak’ concerning movie posters, and I manually replaced all the non-US movie posters with original ones into Media Companion.
(French movie -> French version poster, Spanish movie -> Spanish version poster…)
It took me hours because Media Companion can’t scrap poster from other country.

Then, even if everything looks OK on XBMC, I will investigate deeper with a small subset, trying to spot the root cause.
It's possible that you may have just gotten a slow LAN connection to the computer where you have your files stored, resulting in very long delays reading the files. Or a slow connection to internet sites to retrieve cast/crew photos etc. The problem may never repeat, but you should definitely do some testing to be sure.

Good news is that once the scraping is complete it won't need to be done again unless you want to update something.

17 hours really is an extremely long time though. I did almost 2000 videos in about 5 hours. If the problem persists with your test group get a debug log (wiki) of the scrape.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scraper refuses to scrap0