Win Getting perfect sync and speed for 1080p 23.976fps
Im a total noob regarding xbmc, I just got my first flat screen TV for creating a media center, since I never cared about actual television.

Anyway, the TV is a 42" Samsung F5000. Should support every possible mode the PC supports.

The media center PC is an AMD X2 4000something, with an ATI 6450 I got specifically for DXVA2 acceleration.

The media is on the computers local hard disk, the OS is windows 7 32bit, and the TV is plugged via HDMI, no other monitor is plugged on the computer.

I installed the latest production drivers from AMDs website. No further tweaking on the drivers modes.

I think I got the XBMC settings right, but when pressing O, im seeing this:

Note the wrong FPS (24.04), the missed count (sometimes it keeps rising, others it stops) and mostly the +0.100% speed.

I think although "Match refresh rate" (if i remember the name correctly) is enabled, the display switches to the wrong mode, probably 24.000 instead of 23.976?. Stuttering movement is almost unnoticeable, but its not "buttery smooth" like the 25p material or 30p.

Note that if I connect my laptop, with windows 7 64bit and an ati 4570, everything looks correct, no erros, and speed 0.0%.

Any suggestions?
This is a problem that has followed XBMC for years... it is simply unable to playback 24p material with correct audio-sync.

Still hoping, but after years with this bug... well, lets just say that hope is the best we got Wink
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
It is possible but not without adding an audio delay - see video\latency section here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv....xml#video

You might want to disable 'sync playback to display' - been reported in the past that this function does not work as intended. This would stop your rising 'missed counter'.
Yes, as Steelman states it can be corrected by adding a global delay in advancedsettings.

However you will never get perfect playback as the audiosync fluctuates all the time. An untrained eye or a person that is not aware of the issue will probably not see it, but trust me... when you first notice it you will never be totally satisfied with the sync. (Sorry if I ruined your future with 24p/XBMC just now)

And on a sidenote... It's sad that it proves to be so difficult to make XBMC playback 24p correctly then you can buy a cheap WDTV, Popcorn etc box for 69 $ and get perfect 24p sync... Still loving everything else in XBMC though... Smile
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
(2014-02-18, 11:47)torcar Wrote: And on a sidenote... It's sad that it proves to be so difficult to make XBMC playback 24p correctly then you can buy a cheap WDTV, Popcorn etc box for 69 $ and get perfect 24p sync... Still loving everything else in XBMC though... Smile

xbmc on Pi has perfect 24p playback with no audio sync issues.
(I'm sure other xbmc set ups do too)
Sadly my eye is way too "trained" for such things to go unnoticed, since I Ive been involved in perfect sync mame setups for many years.

If its not 100% perfect its unusable for me.

Is this a Windows only issue? Perhaps I will have better luck with XBMC Ubuntu? This is a dedicated media center so I will gladly try any setup that might work.
All my content that is 23.976 plays back at a reported 23.976fps. The missed audio count I resolve by skipping the video forward 30 seconds and then back 30 seconds (pressing right-left on kb). That stops the missed count and provides full 23.976 playback - been doing that since Eden.

The only time it didn't work is when the AVR I had at the time didn't like 23.976, but found 24 OK so it used 24.03 instead, but that was quite a while ago.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
It looks good with my less than perfect eyes (my eye sight is very bad lately). The screen shot below is from my less than powerful HTPC in the bedroom. It is Intel 2 cores with AMD HD5570 on Windows 7.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
@bluray, that though is only reporting what frame rate xbmc is reading from the media in the file (P) and (W) the GFX card output capability - not the actual output. Call up the stats with Auto Adjust refresh 'off' and desktop set to either 50/60Hz, you will get the same result, with a 23.976 file of course.
(2014-02-19, 09:05)steelman1991 Wrote: Call up the stats with Auto Adjust refresh 'off', you will get the same result, with a 23.976 file of course.
What is this? Please provide screenshot....

(2014-02-19, 09:05)steelman1991 Wrote: and desktop set to either 50/60Hz
Already set...
Pressing O shows the correct rate the file is playing at, pressing Z shows the current rate the screen is set at.

So on a 29.976fps file pressing Z will show 59.94 etc
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-02-20, 04:16)bluray Wrote:
(2014-02-19, 09:05)steelman1991 Wrote: Call up the stats with Auto Adjust refresh 'off', you will get the same result, with a 23.976 file of course.

Already set...

Just set the the desktop as you have done - turn off 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video' meaning there is no switch to native fps for playback - ie the file will playback at whatever screen rate you have set (50 or 60hz) - press O and providing the file you have played has a native 23.976 framerate, then that will still show 23.976, or closest match, using that screen, despite it being played back at 50/60 set by your screen rate.

This was taken playing back a 23.976 file at 50fps - note how the information maintains that it is a 23.976, or close enough to it

Same file playing back, but this time pressing 'Z' - shows correct playback rate

This shot shows information on file played back using Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video - set to on

same file

Note screens 1 and 3 show exactly the same information despite both being played back at different rates. The point is that using 'O' provides no actual evidence of what speed the file is actually playing at, 'Z' does that.

@Piers thanks for the 'Z' tip couldn't remember the keystroke for that info.

LOL I've actually got this audio delay issue across all media players and I've got to the stage where I've moved back to a stand-alone bluray player for playback - I don't need an HTPC for anything other than playback, no dvr functions etc, this will save me countless hours battling with software/hardware, that for my needs isn't fit for purpose. This isn't a slight on anyone at xbmc - they do a great job and have provided a wonderful piece of software, I'm just fed up with the constant tinkering. He He rant over. Smile
(2014-02-20, 11:17)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2014-02-20, 04:16)bluray Wrote:

Already set...

Just set the the desktop as you have done - turn off 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video' meaning there is no switch to native fps for playback - ie the file will playback at whatever screen rate you have set (50 or 60hz) - press O and providing the file you have played has a native 23.976 framerate, then that will still show 23.976, or closest match, using that screen, despite it being played back at 50/60 set by your screen rate.

This was taken playing back a 23.976 file at 50fps - note how the information maintains that it is a 23.976, or close enough to it

I thought that you referred to something else when you said this "Call up the stats with Auto Adjust refresh 'off', you will get the same result, with a 23.976 file of course." I have done all the above before I took the screenshot, and there is no different from your screenshot....

(2014-02-20, 11:17)steelman1991 Wrote: @Piers thanks for the 'Z' tip couldn't remember the keystroke for that info.

Same file playing back, but this time pressing 'Z' - shows correct playback rate
I verified Z right after I took the screenshot, but I didn't take the screenshot of it. As I stated, everything seems okay with my less than perfect eyes.....

If you cannot remember all the keys, you can get it from here- Keyboard controls....
the drops i see that's because of the screenshot ?
because i never have drops when watching a blu-ray remux.
(well only when i forgot the new hidden settings in gotham)
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Same thing happening with XBMCUbuntu. Im totally disapointed that getting true smooth playback with a powerful computer in 2014 is impossible. I will probably sell the TV and the pc as a mediacenter package because I lost all will and interest to try and fix it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting perfect sync and speed for 1080p 23.976fps0