frustrating problems over time, pc & pi
Shocked 
How do xbmc forum,

I consider myself to be fairly tech savvy and have myself a Win 7 media server running "NFS server" for my media shares and MySQL for my databases. A Win 7 desktop with xbmc and a Raspberry Pi with openelec xbmc v12 connected to my tv.

Everything has been working fine for ages, then slowly bits keep falling off and then somehow repairing themselves. Then just when you actually want to watch something without having to get up and reset you server (I know, first world problems) all the media goes missing. Let me explain the problems in a little more detail below.

So on my desktop I get duplicates on a regular basis, not one folder, everything. This usually occurs when I solve problem two;

Problem 2; On my Pi I use my iphone as a remote, I leave the Pi on all the time as it uses so little power. When my phone connects and I go to refresh the media (tv or movies) I get 0 results. I can however browse to my shares and play media directly from there. The option to rescan files is missing in the menus on the shares. If I edit the share content or shares it then asks if I want to rescan, sometimes this works, sometimes it scans and still draws a blank. Sometimes I have to restart the Pi and then change reselect the share content.

I am clearly missing something annoyingly obvious. A tickbox of wonder. I have tried to fix this to no avail.

you're my only hope xbmc forum, you're my only hope.

ps. I can see you guys needing a smidge more info too, let me know what you need and I'll get right to it.
I'm guessing the library path in the database wasn't set up correctly at some point. Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of one of the XBMC instances where the library is working and videos do play? With or without duplicates. I'm betting your desktop would be the best one to get the log file from.
Hi Ned,

hopefully this is what we're looking for:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=133805

Cheers
Looks like you have both an SMB file source/path and an NFS file source/path.

I would do something like this:

add "smb://192.168.1.201/" as a new video source in Videos -> Files but don't set content as anything, leave it as "none". Then remove the source using the context menu -> Remove source, then say "yes" when it asks if you want to remove things with that path. That should leave you with just the NFS path.
Cheers, done that.

This has removed all the duplicates and the watched items. Will xbmc sync up with the info from the mysql?

Should I carry out the same operation on the Pi?

Smile
You only need to do it once and it should fix all the MySQL/XBMC clients.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
frustrating problems over time, pc & pi0