Naming convention
Hello,
I have a few quick questions regarding naming convention of subtitle files that I cannot find an answer for in the wiki:

When naming subtitle files, it seems I can include additional information separated by dots? Like language, forced, sdh, etc?
I like to have the language in last place, can I put an info like .forced or .sdh before that ('moviename.forced.en.mkv') or does forced have to be the final entry ('moviename.en.forced.mkv')?
What do you recommend for multiple subtitle files of the same language? Using 'moviename.1.en.mkv', 'moviename.2.en.mkv' seems to work, or is there an issue with that?
AFAIK if a movie consists of multiple files these could be named 'moviename.part1.mkv', 'moviename.part2.mkv' etc.  Could this somehow possibly clash with the subtitle numbering?

Thanks,
vonson
(2021-02-22, 18:21)vonson Wrote: When naming subtitle files, it seems I can include additional information separated by dots? Like language, forced, sdh, etc?
This might help... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2861861

(2021-02-22, 18:21)vonson Wrote: AFAIK if a movie consists of multiple files these could be named 'moviename.part1.mkv', 'moviename.part2.mkv' etc.  Could this somehow possibly clash with the subtitle numbering?
No, it should not clash. But the subtitles should be names after the first part of the movie
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hey, thank you for your answer.
I intend to unify my srt filenames, I just wanted to make sure before I start.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming convention0