Win windows 7 problem with xbmc
Hello I've recently starting using xbmc and cannot believe Its took me this long to find out about it its amazing. I first installed it on 2 of my android tablets which was very easy to do and had them up and running in no time at all. Then I downloaded for my laptop which is running windows 7 on 64 bit. The download and install went as normal but when it came to open xbmc up I keep getting an error message saying unable to initiliaze I've tryed uninstalling it and downloading again with the same result. I have very little knowledge of computers so will not be surprised if this is an easy fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance
Probably due to display driver compatibility problem. Please upgrade the driver to the latest.
Thanks I'll give it a go
Updated all drivers to no avail any other suggestions would be much appreciated thank you
Are XBMC.Exe and about 13 other files and folder in C:\Program Files\XBMC folder?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
yes all files are present thank you
(2014-02-19, 14:30)miykel33 Wrote: yes all files are present thank you
Have you try to launch XBMC from C:\Program Files\XBMC folder by clicking XBMC.Exe?
Sorry just checked programme files/ xbmc again and cannot see xbmc .exe here's a list of files I see
Add ons, language, media, sounds, system, userdata, copying, glew32.dll, libcdio-13.dll, libiconv-2.dll, license.gpl, python26.dll, uninstall the finally XBMC there is no XBMC.EXE sorry if this is painfully slow not very computer literate thanks again
XBMC.exe is missing? I suspect some kind of virus activity. Open the xbmc folder (C:\Program Files\XBMC) and carefully monitor the folder content during a reinstallation of xbmc. If you can see xbmc.exe and it vanishes immediately then most probably your system is compromised. Do a virus scan.
Hi just followed your instructions and uninstalled and re installed it twice whilst watching xbmc programme file and both times xbmc.exe did not appear at all !!
Have you tried installing it as admin? That solved my problem.
Apologies if this is a stupid question but how would I install as admin ?? Thanks
Just want to thank you installed as administrator and it's worked a treat cheers
Hello I realise this might not be a xbmc relevant question but here goes !! Xbmc is working brilliant after installing via administration mode if hooked it up to my lg tv and the picture quality is superb but I'm not getting any audio any help would be much appreciated as always
Have you try Analog audio in XBMC? Make sure that XBMC is not muted sound.....you can get more info on audio in my signature under "Simplify XBMC configurations".....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
windows 7 problem with xbmc0