Problems connecting to NAS share
I have an HP Microserver. I have it running 4.3 of XPenology (which is a port of the Synology NAS software)

I have set things up and I am unable to get XBMC to connect to it via SMB or NFS. I have followed the guides on the wiki without any success.

If I try and connect over SMB I see the "Diskserver" under the workgroup. When I try to select it to browse for the relevant share I get an error saying "connection timed out"

When I try and connect via NFS it times out if I try and browse to the share. (I have followed the guide on the wiki and have enabled the NFS settings correctly.) If I try and manually enter the address (in this case nfs://192.168.0.2/volume1/TV Shows/) when I hit the OK button I get the sound to signify a menu click and then XBMC becomes unresponsive.
are you able to access the share from another computer or outside of xbmc to start with ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I have an iMac that runs Windows 8.1 and OSX.

In both I can access the share on the NAS.
and where do you got xbmc running ?
does xbmc has the right to access the nas share ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
I have XBMC running on an ACER RL80 net top. It is running via an OpenELEC installation.

With the NFS share on the NAS I have allowed anyone permission to access it.

With regards the SMB share I think I have given appropriate access to it - XBMC isn't prompting for any login or anything like that.
Have managed to resolve the issue. I use home plugs on the network and the living room one plugged into a switch. I have removed the switch and am connecting directly.

Share now show up. Don't know why it wasn't working beforehand. I could still connect to the XBMC machine over the network without issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems connecting to NAS share0