No surround sound following reinstall
So I was having an issue with frodo crashing each time I tried to do a library update. I have recently bought a WD MyNet N900 Central router with 1tb internal storage and migrated all my movies and tv shows from my nas to this. Following the migration, and subsequent remap of source locations, I had a double up of all shows and movies, hence the library update.

So to avoid any more frustration with the library I uninstall frodo and my profile settings. Then I did a full reinstall, mapped all the new sources and configured the audio and video settings. I have an i7 htpc with hdmi out and an Onkyo TX-NR626 home cinema amplifier with all dolby and dts codecs available so I have the sound set on xbmx to HDMI with 7.1 surround sound and all audio formats enabled, bar aac.

But now when I play any multichannel material it just plays as pcm 2.0 sound (per my amp information). Sorry

Sorry about the information overload. But I felt it was better to include as much info as possible. So what could have possibly gone wrong and what do I need to do to repair it?
Can you post your PC hardware, other than CPU?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2014-02-19, 20:08)mickrick Wrote: But now when I play any multichannel material it just plays as pcm 2.0 sound (per my amp information). Sorry
Have you select the correct Audio Channel in Windows control panel? Your XBMC configurations should look very similar to my screen shot below-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No surround sound following reinstall0