Harmony Touch and generic RC6 USB Receiver
Hello. I was wondering if someone can tell me if there is a way to be sure that my USB receiver I ordered is actually working or if I'm just setting the remote up wrong.

I ordered this receiver:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221324103499?ssP...1439.l2649

And I followed the instructions according to this tutorial:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...+touch+mce

I'll admit that I'm not really sure what I'm doing. The pictures being gone isn't helping either. My Harmony touch has the MCE Keyboard and MCE Remote synced to its devices now, but nothing responds to my USB IR Receiver. It's generic I think and a red light came on when I first plugged it in and Windows installed it. It shows up in the devices list as a USB Receiver too. I'm not sure how to proceed. Thanks!
I love walking into Radio Shack and when the worker asks what you need, I say "I'm looking for a 1N4148 Diode." Then they have the look on their face of absolute uselessness. If it's not a cell phone, they just don't know what it is any more.
..bump. Sorry I'm desperate! I can't figure out how to get this receiver to pick up the remote commands.
I love walking into Radio Shack and when the worker asks what you need, I say "I'm looking for a 1N4148 Diode." Then they have the look on their face of absolute uselessness. If it's not a cell phone, they just don't know what it is any more.
I have tried HP IR receiver and harmony remote. If your receiver is ehome device driver based then the remote should work. You can also try eventghost by adding mce and xbmc plugins.
hmm. Maybe I have a bad receiver then? It's supposed to have the correct functionality on it and it also shows up as a eHome Microsoft Transeiver in the device manager. Still nothing at all when I try to do anything in XBMC or WMC. Should I just bite it then and order an HP receiver like so many others? I liked this one because it was so small. If there's anything I'm missing about this ordeal let me know.
Use showkey.exe and see if it can detect the keypress. Also try eventghost as mentioned.
I've officially given up on this receiver. I've tried searching the internet for answers on it but to no avail. It flashes red a few times when you first plug it in, then it identifies and installs as an eHome Infrared Receiver. After I do a refresh, the little yellow "!" comes up next to it int he device manager. Windows can't find a driver for it anywhere and neither can I. I suppose I'm just S*** outta luck and I'll have to just get a different one.

So for all the XBMC gurus out there, am I best off getting the HP receiver that I see a lot of people using? If possible, give me an exact model number or link to it. I see them on amazon for 15 bucks and I can get 2 day free shipping. Smile Let me know guys. I appreciate all of your help. This forum has been invaluable to my HTPC setup.

After I get some responses, I'm ordering a new receiver hopefully tonight. It has to work perfectly with my Harmony Touch. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony Touch and generic RC6 USB Receiver0