How do you record explanation
Hi,
I am confused as to what I am trying to achieve with my Minix Neo7 mini being newbie to this hardware. I have XBMC running Frodo with the super repro and TVCatchup EPG 2. Everything is working fine streaming channels via the EPG. I then tried getting the PVR clients to work after enabling them. I have the Live TV tab on the front page to select TV,radio, recording etc however I keep getting Connection Lost regardless of which PVR client I select. How do I find out what hostname or IP address is required for the selected PVR ? and secondly am I chasing up the wrong tree here, if I do manage to get a PVR client connected will it show the same channels I have in TVCatchup under video add ons allowing recording or will I only get the channels that the live TV PVR channels show. If this is the case how can I record the TV Channels from TVCatchup selected under video add ons ? or is this impossible.

atb
Wrong tree, I suspect. TVCatchup streams Freeview channels over IP; the PVR clients connect XBMC to a (usually) dedicated backend applications that (usually) uses tuners to pick up the TV signal from an aerial, satellite or cable connection. So, unless you have a backend set up, enabling any PVR addon will do precisely nothing beyond complaining that it can't find the evidently non-existent backend.
Many thanks for the explanation... look on Ebay Minix Neo 7 Minin brand new for sale.
What am I looking for...
- The PVR add-ons in XBMC are clients that go together with an backend PVR server.
- You are not running a PVR server backend.
- The add-on you are referring to is not a PVR client, it simply is a collection of streams that has an interface that resembles the PVR clients, but without recording support. The 'R' in the name is bogus - there is no recording.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you record explanation0