• 2(current)
XBMC AJAX Interface (BETA)
once again, good job! like the new volume buttons but couldnt have been a slider instead? if i can come up with some code to do this ill send it to u. my skills arent exactly top notch.

hey what happen to the album art besides the album name? i kinda liked that..

awesome, going to test this out tonight. just got a psp so it would be cool to use the browser on there. hope it displays ok on the small screen.
nice interface!

i would also prefer a volume slider
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
been a while... any updates?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
here we go, beta 3!

xbox ajax interface beta 3
by liquidice

https://files.bountysource.com/file/down...-beta3.zip

-------------
installation:
-------------

just unzip and upload the ajax folder into your xbmc/web/ directory

next make sure that the webserver is enabled on your xbmc by going to:
settings --> network -> servers -> web server
once uploaded navigate mozilla firefox over to /ajax/]http://[xboxip]/ajax/

this has been heavily tested in firefox 1.5.0.1 and is the recommended browser

---------------
what's planned
---------------

-the next release will focus on the graphics and ui. i have some ideas of what it should look like, but i'm open for feedback. also if there are any graphics designers that want to take a shot at helping with xbmc ajax, please contact me.

-fearpage is helping me do a code cleanup to make the code more readable and editable. this could possibly allow several 'skins' of the web interface using the same backend javascript code.

-i am trying to figure out if there is an efficient way to do searches from the web interface. there is some code implemented to save search keywords as a smart playlist and then display it, but it does not work yet the way i wanted it to. ideally we could add a new search command to the httpapi, but not until the feature freeze is over.

----------
changelog
----------

version notes - beta 3

-added video and pictures support
-fixed unresponsive script bugs
-implemented slider for playback status and seeking through music/video
-implemented 'save playlist' functionality (saves to c:\playlists for now)
-remote control gui will allow you to control xbmc from the browser with screenshots

known issues:
-can not create photo slideshows yet
-if you don't have the c drive as a bookmark you will not be able to load your saved playlists.
-i need to figure out a way to pull the default playlist location from xml file, so i can save playlists there with fileupload()

read the readme.txt for more info.

feedback, as always, is welcome.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
works great!!!!
great work!
great work it works great Smile

one thing that i would like is a shutdown button

Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
how exactly does this relate to this
(nsmoller @ may 10 2006,06:10 Wrote:how exactly does this relate to this
mm,, doesn't relate to anything...
the ajax work being done is going to be addressing the multi-zone audio that nsmoller is wanting.

we discussed this in a previous thread on the ajax interface.

so you should be seeing something when liquidice gets to coding it.

nsmoller...
if you want to "discuss" something, posting a curt post with only "how exactly does this relate to this" it useless and will get you you nowhere. i suggest you try a more informational approach and explain what you are looking for.
affini,

since my mother does not know how to use the internet, i am glad to have someone such as yourself who likes to police me.

as a recap:
i post a message on a feature suggestion forum. you say something very productive: "you noobies sure ask for a lot considering you've probably used the product ~10 minutes and have not contributed to the community yet, right?"

then proceed to tell me that this thread is used to discuss multi-zone audio. when linked here by you (after much more flaming etc), the discussion is no where in site.

so, mom, since you are passing around suggestions for proper etiquite, maybe you should practice what you preach.

please, shut the hell up with your crap, i'm really sick of it. the features i suggest i feel will be beneficial to the scene. stop the crap, just stop. you are not making me feel welcome; you are not offering any help. if this is such a "community", why do you continue to foster this negativity.
you are being negative, not me.... all you have done is bitch since you've been posting.

i've contributed to the community a ton of help and some python code and a mod'd skin... even though i'm not a coder.

you state things you "want" like they are demands, you say you have contributed by "using" the app... give us a break!

i was trying to be elpful by telling you that the features you are asking for are going to be added or can be added via the ajax interface and you return the favor by being an ass.

i was not trying to be your mom but you do need a mom since yours obviously did not do a good job!

get bent and go home
offtopic:
@ affini & nsmoller:
stop flaming each other, this helps no one No

@nsmoller: (x-quote)
Quote:i want an xbox in each room.
buy as many xboxes you like/need ...

Quote:i want xbmc to be able to list other lan xbmc instances on other xboxes (like xblive).
it´s always in xbmc, maybe you haven´t found it yet.

Quote:i want to know what those instances are doing (video, music, etc).
the ajax interface is on the right way

btt:
i love the new interface, but i´d like to have a shutdown-button also.
bug: (?) if i hover on buttons in the menu, a cross shows up, should be a finger (for hyperlink).
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
a few things...

first off, you guys are in the wrong thread. this is about my ajax music browser. please take your fight elsewhere.

now lets get a few things straightened out. ajax and synced playback have absolutely nothing to do with each other. the only slight connection is that ajax might be the technology to use to have control over all of the players in a nice web based gui.

the actual synced playback is much more involved than ajax. i've talked with other devs and users about this and decided to try it myself to see if it would work. basically i was trying to send the play command to all units at the same time to see if they would sync up. they all play staggered with about a .5 second delay.

since some info about my new project has already leaked, i thought i'd throw this out there to give you an idea on what's in the works. this little app will allow you to monitor all xbmc players on your network, see what they are playing, or launch into the web based music browser of a particular player. eventually i hope to include every http api command to be made available from this program for absolute control over any number of xbmc players on a network.

it can scan the network for players, and when it finds them it adds them to the list.
then it will allow you to check the boxes next to players you want to control and send an httpapi command to all of them at the same time.

to answer the initial questions:
yes, this is real and most of what you see above already works
no, you can't have it yet
no, when i check off all xbmc devices and press start playing they do not all play the same audio at the same time.
yes, i will release it to the community when it's ready to be released.

that's all you get for now! Confusedhifty: check back often for updates on xbmc distributed.

---

now...

the only place i have seen synced playback work well is in slim devices' slimserver gear. they have a special buffer chip which allows them to buffer a certain amount of audio then have the server send them all a cue on when to start playback.

here is a snippet from their api docs:
Quote:streaming and buffering

the slimp3's buffer chip is a 128k x 8 (1mbit) sram. it is presented to the server as a 64k x 16 circular buffer. the server sends packets to the client, with the address in the buffer where they are to be stored, and with a sequence identifier. the client acks each packet as it receives it. the server ensures that each packet has been acknowledged by the client, and will resend any packets that are not acknowledged promptly. once the server has filled the client's buffer it will send zero length data packets, and will monitor the read pointer returned in the client's acknowledgment, sending further packets as necessary to keep the buffer full.

the read pointer is maintained by the client, and is the position from which the decoder is currently reading. the server can order this read pointer to be reset to the beginning of the buffer by sending a control code of "3" to the client in a data packet. these control codes also control whether the decoder is running or not (see 'm' write mpeg data).

at the start of each track, the server will send a number of packets with the control set to "3", in order to allow the client to build up a small buffer before starting decoding. the control with then switch to "0". "1" is used to pause the player.

the slimp3's buffer chip is a 128k x 8 (1mbit) sram. it is presented to the server as a 64k x 16 circular buffer. the slimp3 maintains two pointers, called rptr and wptr, which track the position at which the dma controller is reading (out to the decoder) and writing (in from the network). when a new stream is started, the slimp3 begins by initializing an empty buffer, with rptr == wptr == 0. it then begins requesting data from the server, starting from 0. the server replies with some data, which the slimp3 writes into the buffer. once the buffer reaches 50% capacity, the decoder is started, and the rptr begins to increment. the slimp3 continues requesting data until the buffer is 90% full. once the buffer reaches this "almost full" state, the slimp3 continually checks buffer usage, requesting more data only when the buffer usage drops below the "almost full" level.

timeouts due to a lost packet are handled by the client. it the slimp3 does not receive a response from the server after 100ms, then it sends the request again.

now this assumes you have an actual server streaming to all of the clients. in their case the slimserver is feeding all of the 'dumb' clients with the audio data and they just play when they are told. in our case it would be more like having an smb share with your media and having all of the xbmc units intelligently communicate with each other to tell which songs to sync, buffer a song and all at the same time press 'play'.

so my idea to get this working ... is that code needs to be written into xbmc which allows one xbox to communicate to the httpapi or a socket server of another xbox. then some new commands would need to be added to tell the xbox to queue up a song into a buffer but keep it paused. and another countdown type command where one xbox starts the countdown via a socket connection to another xbox?? and they all countdown togther to 0 and start playing.

there are probably better ways to do this and i'd like to see some discussion on how this can be achieved in the appropriate threads.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC AJAX Interface (BETA)0