A way (with Media Companion or other progs) to convert legacy formats to Frodo?
Hi, I started XBMC and MC awhile ago, before Frodo and love both of them but my collection is now a bit sloppy consisting of legacy formats (I guess thats the right word?) etc and I am hoping to clean things up a bit. Thing is I've got enough media and am lazy enough that I would really prefer not to hunt down all the old .tbm and fan art etc and rename everything. I have looked through MC and its not readily apparent to me but is there a way that MC can do this? Or is someone away of another program that can do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Try tinyMediaManager.
(ok, biased answer, i know Big Grin)

We detect most of the filename formats, and are able to cleanup/write just the ones you've choosen.
(Default settings should work fine for Frodo)
Sample what tiny can do four you: -click-

Give it a try, and let us know if something is missing Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Tongue 
(2014-02-19, 22:37)myron Wrote: Try tinyMediaManager.
(ok, biased answer, i know Big Grin)

We detect most of the filename formats, and are able to cleanup/write just the ones you've choosen.
(Default settings should work fine for Frodo)
Sample what tiny can do four you: -click-

Give it a try, and let us know if something is missing Smile

Hey, I have no problem with biased so long as ones up front about it Tongue and TMM actually looks pretty nice at a glance. Would TMM be able to say convert say old movie.tbm -> movie-poster.jpg files or in some cases, where there are both, just delete the .tbm files? and ditto for old nfo files (I think frodo writes nfo files differently than eden? not sure about that). I am just wanting the collection to be uniform as opposed to a mismash of different version/formats laying around. Thanks!
yes, we try to detect just per filename format.
eg treat all (movie|poster|cover|folder|*-poster|...).(jpg|png|tbn) files as poster.
and write on cleanup just the naming formats you have choosen in setup (deleting all others)
For old TBNs we detect whether they are jpg or png and write them accordingly (no TBN writing)
Same for .nfo

Just scan all your movies, check what files we detect... and do a "rename & cleanup".
(test it on a single movie first Wink)
"Renamer/cleanup preview" aka dry-run is currently in development.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A way (with Media Companion or other progs) to convert legacy formats to Frodo?1