Default font not support chinese?
(2015-12-21, 21:46)scott967 Wrote:
(2015-12-21, 18:43)siratfus Wrote: Would really appreciate it if some of the font experts above would come back to this thread and give instructions on how to add Chinese font to MQ6. I tried following post #3 above, but it didn't work. Everything went blank. So I had to reinsert the original font.xml.

You can use my replacement fonts that I did for MQ5. No need to play with font.xml, although I use the mod one that adds "large" and "massive" fontset as options. You can download just the fonts from my github site for MQ5 Isengard mod. Note that this works only if you use the default font (skinsettings / fonts / font selector use style 1).

aeon_common.ttf

aeon_mainmenu.ttf

You need both files. Copy/replace over the original ones in skin.aeonmq6/fonts/

I mainly was interested in Hangul/Katakana when I made this font but I think it works with either simplified or traditional Chinese.

Note that if a skin upddate gets pushed via the repo the fonts will be replaced so keep a copy around.

scott s.

Thanks for your help Scott. But it didn't work. I closed and forced stop too. Relaunched and the chinese characters are still blocks/vertical rectangles.
I'm sorry! My mind keeps thinking style 1 is Arial because I've been using cyrillic. Anyway, I changed it to default and it works. Thank you very much! This was the only thing keeping this skin from being perfect. Thanks again.
For reference:
See this topic about Indic Languages like Sinhala, Tamil and hindi.

Kodi Unicode support isn't complete since fonts like Roboto and Arial grow many Mb's to support all those characters.
(2015-12-22, 01:51)siratfus Wrote: I'm sorry! My mind keeps thinking style 1 is Arial because I've been using cyrillic. Anyway, I changed it to default and it works. Thank you very much! This was the only thing keeping this skin from being perfect. Thanks again.

The "style" refers to the skin setting that selects from different looks of the same font. It's not the same as selecting "font" in the appearance settings. In MQ, "style" is about the main menu appearance. I didn't create replacement fonts for the different "styles" as I only was using the Android sans font to supply the additional characters. These characters would look the same in any style, unless I (or someone else) actually designs new glyphs for the characters. Some things could be automated (for example, making the characters condensed/narrower) but other things in the alternative styles are more typographic and might not even be applicable to more pictorial character glyphs such as the CJK.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default font not support chinese?3