• 1(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 1.0 - Gotham
Star 
Black Glass Nova is my first skin for XBMC Gotham.

I designed it to work for the 1920x1080 resolution (Full HD).
The skin should be easy to use and has simple and clear looks. It's very fanart oriented. Plexbmc is supported.

It's actually a port from Black Glass Nova skin i created nearly four years ago for MediaPortal.

I switched to XBMC from MediaPortal before Christmas because of its flexibility. In fact, together with Plex and MediaPortal TvServer, i was able to manage my media collection from a central machine. I soon realized i needed to create a new skin to suite my needs and tastes. I took Amber skin as starting code base because of its clear design and its support for Plexbmc. Thanks a lot Pecinko for your beautiful skin! I hope you are not getting angry with me! Smile

Screenshots

I hope you like it!

Thanks

Tgx

Here is the git repository of the skin for anyone who wants to follow its development:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.blackglassnova

Donations
If you like this skin so much that you want to help a little bit, you can donate here (much appreciated):

Nice job!
Peppe
looks forward to get it supported and developed on in the future too
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2014-02-19, 22:38)Tgxcorporation Wrote: Black Glass Nova is my first skin for XBMC Gotham.

I designed it to work for the 1920x1080 resolution (Full HD).
The skin should be easy to use and has a simple and clear looks. It's very fanart oriented. Plexbmc is supported.

It's actually a port from Black Glass Nova skin i created nearly four years ago for MediaPortal.

I switched to XBMC from MediaPortal before Christmas because of its flexibility. In fact, together with Plex and MediaPortal TvServer, i was able to manage my media collection from a central machine. I soon realized i needed to create a new skin to suite my needs and tastes. I took Amber skin as starting code base because of its clear design and its support for Plexbmc. Thanks a lot Pecinko for your beautiful skin! I hope you are not getting angry with me! Smile

I hope you like it!

Thanks

Tgx

Here is the git repository of the skin for everyone who wants to follow its development:

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.blackglassnova

Used to be a MP user and enjoyed your skin :-)
Looks nice, I am going to use it for a few days and see how it goes.

One suggestion if its possible and easy, would it be possible to get the codec info ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codecinfo ) moved to the top of the screen, rather than in the middle.

Its a little intrusive right in the middle.

If not, thanks anyway Smile its a good looking skin.
(2014-02-21, 12:12)Saner Wrote: One suggestion if its possible and easy, would it be possible to get the codec info ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Codecinfo ) moved to the top of the screen, rather than in the middle.

Yes, you are right! I overlooked this xml file during the various OSD versions i created.
In the latest git revision i moved it up a little. I cannot overlap the controls from the VideoOSD.xml file though! The are on the top part of the screen! Instead the info data from LiveTv will be visible on the bottom part of the screen.

Thanks

Tgx
Would it be possible to make the static texts like labels and the clock semi transparent?
Most people with plasma TVs will love you for this as it will reduce image retention.
Best will be if you make the transparency level controllable

Great Skin
Niki
(2014-02-21, 14:13)nikiiv Wrote: Would it be possible to make the static texts like labels and the clock semi transparent?
Most people with plasma TVs will love you for this as it will reduce image retention.

They already are semi transparent!
However, me too i'm an owner of a plasma TV, and over the years since 2010, when i first created the same skin for MediaPortal, i had no image retention issues on my Panasonic TV using this skin! So i'm confident this skin will not cause any problems to plasma TVs.
To be more on the safe side, i would use the "Dim" screensaver included in XBMC.

Thanks

Tgx
This skin looks great. I hope it will perform well on Raspi. Most skins i have tired cause it to crash and reboot. I don't like Confluence but i have been stuck with it.
<offtopic>
Amber works well on the Pi if this does not.

Make sure you have a decent SD card (or run XBMC of USB) that can make a huge difference too.
</offtopic>

Quote:Yes, you are right! I overlooked this xml file during the various OSD versions i created.
In the latest git revision i moved it up a little. I cannot overlap the controls from the VideoOSD.xml file though! The are on the top part of the screen! Instead the info data from LiveTv will be visible on the bottom part of the screen.

Thanks

Tgx

Brilliant, thank you.

I think I shall wait for it to get pushed to the repo as its purely cosmetic, but thanks for the quick reply and fix!
My name is Blackbolt and this skin is my favourite skin on the Citadel.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
(2014-02-21, 21:33)Blackbolt Wrote: My name is Blackbolt and this skin is my favourite skin on the Citadel.

Lol...

+1 Big Grin
(2014-02-21, 21:33)Blackbolt Wrote: My name is Blackbolt and this skin is my favourite skin on the Citadel.

Wow the Master of Ellipsis is here....Nod
Peppe
Nice work!
Will it work on Frodo 12.2?
(2014-02-22, 19:33)Avishay Wrote: Nice work!
Will it work on Frodo 12.2?

The skin is for Gotham only.
On Frodo it could crash on some screen or behave erratically.

Thanks

Tgx
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 1.0 - Gotham5