• 3(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 1.0 - Gotham
Ok thank for your reply so here's the silly question how do i update to your latest version please?
iechyd da
(2014-02-25, 22:08)sheepybach Wrote: Ok thank for your reply so here's the silly question how do i update to your latest version please?

Download from GitHub the latest zipped skin revision and unzip in your xbmc addons folder: https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...master.zip

Thanks

Tgx
(2014-02-25, 18:38)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 14:58)JinksKid Wrote: 1 issue. Back button doesn't work in EPG Timeline Sad

Fixed in the latest git revision.

Thanks

Tgx

Cheers Big Grin
Tgxcorporation! I remember glass nova when I start to use mediacenter softwares ( my first choice was mediaportal) a couple of years ago.

One of the best skins for mediaportal! Good to see you in this forum!

If you do not mind, I have tested in xbmc frodo .

When I have downloaded the compressed file and try to install through " install from zip file" in addons section, it displays the message that you can install "missed......" .

So , I unzip the file, and edit addon.xml and change the gui version from 5.0.1 to 4.0.0. and re-zip, done!!! I was able to install.Big Grin

The only issue is that when start xbmc I have to press Escape in my keyboard in order to load the main menu.

So, I have edit the default start.xml just delating the condition section to load main menu and now, starts with the default xbmc background and then the main menu ( the default background of your skin does not load Huh?Huh).

Also, Maybe it's me, but for example :

When I am in movies section with all my movies, and you are scrolling collection and select a movie the bar for the selected item is to clear.
Really enjoyed the skin but had to switch to another skin for my wife. She frequently uses the page by page scroll when viewing movie posters and your skin (like some others) truncates a couple movies every time you move left or right so you constantly miss movies while you browse.. It really seems to drive her crazy. :-) I usually know what I want so this doesn't bother me at all.

I had the same bug when trying out multiple wallpapers on the main menu but figured out it just had to be one picture and all was good. The only other thing I ran into was that some of the scrolling when viewing posters was a little hitchy.

I'll definitely come back to this skin in the near future!
[u]
(2014-02-28, 08:32)Spudzspot Wrote: Really enjoyed the skin but had to switch to another skin for my wife. She frequently uses the page by page scroll when viewing movie posters and your skin (like some others) truncates a couple movies every time you move left or right so you constantly miss movies while you browse..

Can you explain it a little better? I cannot see any missing movies. Which view are you using? Can you please make a screenshot?

Thanks

Tgx
Hi Tgx,

First off, congrats on creating one of the finest skins on XBMC.
Been using it for a while now and it's almost perfect... Almost ;-).

Some comments:
- I've seen other users already mentioning the multiple image bug on the home screen. You've replied that you forgot to disable it the function? I hope you'll reconsider because I use multiples on both my Tv series and movies sections.
- Does the skin support 3D movie tags? If so, which ones? If not, will you implement it later on?
With Gotham we now have native 3D support in xbmc, but I'd like to see them in my library.
- I don't see the "Disc" section, even though it's enabled. Can this be a bug?

Thx again!

Regards
(2014-03-01, 14:02)Homersan Wrote: - I've seen other users already mentioning the multiple image bug on the home screen. You've replied that you forgot to disable it the function? I hope you'll reconsider because I use multiples on both my Tv series and movies sections.
Unfortunately multi image controls do not work in Container controls. That's the reason why if you select multiple images, the thumbnail at the bottom of the screen is empty. For the next official release, i'm working on separating background images (multi images) and thumbnails (single image) for the horizontal home screen. The tricky part is in the Settings screen.

(2014-03-01, 14:02)Homersan Wrote: - Does the skin support 3D movie tags? If so, which ones? If not, will you implement it later on?
With Gotham we now have native 3D support in xbmc, but I'd like to see them in my library.
If you mean a little indicator similar to the "HD" badge while browsing libraries, i'm already working on it.

(2014-03-01, 14:02)Homersan Wrote: - I don't see the "Disc" section, even though it's enabled. Can this be a bug?
The Disc section is visible only when you have a dvd disc inserted into your drive

Thanks

Tgx
(2014-03-01, 14:02)Homersan Wrote: - I hope you'll reconsider because I use multiples on both my Tv series and movies sections.

In the latest git revision i've enabled multi-image backgrounds and added a new section in Settings to customize Home Icons.
Now background pictures and Home icons are separated and independent.

Thanks

Tgx

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply and skin update. Gonna update it and check it out.
Regarding the 3D indicator: Yes! That's exactly what I meant. Right now, if you have 1 movie in both HD and 3D, you cannot tell them apart.

Another skin solved it like this:
http://i.imgur.com/jfFNzGx.jpg
(hope the link works)

Thx again!

Thx again
Hi Tgx,

Tried to install the latest version from github through the zip file download, but it doesn't carry the update you mentioned in your previous post.
Version is still at 1.0.0. Is that still correct or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
(2014-03-02, 16:23)Homersan Wrote: Tried to install the latest version from github through the zip file download, but it doesn't carry the update you mentioned in your previous post.

I'll update version number when ready to pull an official update into Xbmc repository.

To install the zipped file from Github:

1. Download from https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...master.zip
2. Select "Confluence" skin in Settings.
3. Uninstall "Black Glass Nova" from installed Addons
4. Install Black Glass Nova skin from the zipped file downloaded in point n.1

Thanks

Tgx
remember to remove the old .zip file from the packages folder that is located in addons.
it's a bug that it keeps using the old .zip file when having the same name.
or rename the new zip file
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-03-01, 14:02)Homersan Wrote: - Does the skin support 3D movie tags? If so, which ones? If not, will you implement it later on?

Ok added 3D badges in the latest git revision.

Thanks

Tgx
(2014-03-02, 18:29)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2014-03-02, 16:23)Homersan Wrote: Tried to install the latest version from github through the zip file download, but it doesn't carry the update you mentioned in your previous post.

I'll update version number when ready to pull an official update into Xbmc repository.

To install the zipped file from Github:

1. Download from https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...master.zip
2. Select "Confluence" skin in Settings.
3. Uninstall "Black Glass Nova" from installed Addons
4. Install Black Glass Nova skin from the zipped file downloaded in point n.1

Thanks

Tgx

(2014-03-02, 18:36)Martijn Wrote: remember to remove the old .zip file from the packages folder that is located in addons.
it's a bug that it keeps using the old .zip file when having the same name.
or rename the new zip file

(2014-03-02, 19:26)Tgxcorporation Wrote:

Ok added 3D badges in the latest git revision.

Thanks

Tgx

Thx Tgx !!!
You're the best!

Homersan
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 1.0 - Gotham5