Sound output to two devices
Evenin'

Is it possible to output sound to two devices?

I've got an optical amp and a HDMI tv.
When I'm watching a film then 5.1 optical is great but I've bit a wee nipper who likes to watch Nemo and having to switch the surround sound in for him every time is a real pain.

I know if you have an HDMI amp this is possible using the throughout option but I've played around with the settings and can't seem to get it to output to both on my optical/hdmi set-up.

Thanks in advance.
Having a amp with pass through doesn't help if the TV doesn't support the audio format, eg HD audio. Sad Which os are you using? I use a script to detect whether the avr is on/off via its network connectivity and adjust xbmcs audio settings accordingly. It can be modified to be run via remote if your avr doesn't have network connectivity. Its for Linux but should give you a idea of where to get started (there is a link to a windows version which does the same although differently).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=167914
Cheers for the reply.

I'm using Windows7.

Don't think my AVR had any network abilities and so this would work + plus, it's a lot of hassle to get around not having a sound output option on the main menu or simply dual outputting sound.
Why do you need to switch soulnd? All my audio goes to my optical amp, the TV speakers never get used.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Like I said you could do something similar via a remote button and adding a main menu option to run the script would doable, how difficult it would be depends on the skin I guess.

There is a dual audio patch for eden.. But its for eden..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound output to two devices0