WIP Themoviedb.org Browser Preview
Video 
This addon allows you to browse themoviedb.org database of movies, TV Shows, and People.

Movies section is mostly finished.
TV, and People only have basic functionality.
If you have an account on themoviedb.org you can add/remove movies from your favorites and watchlist, and rate movies.

Would love to have a few people check it out and let me know what you think.

It is available in my git Repo Download and install form Zip.

https://github.com/kzeleny/script.tmdb

watch gallery
-ken Z-
New Updates to show fanart backround on movie details and cosmetic fixes.
-ken Z-
Thanks, work great...
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hey, I like it! Great idea, and very useful!

I've only been poking around the Movies section. It looks like you are using it with a mouse and keyboard. I'm a strict remote/keyboard user - mouse is disabled for xbmc use. It seems a bit hard to navigate with just arrow commands. This may be your intention, to really only make it easy to navigate with a mouse, but i'd like to see it better integrated for remote control use.

When I land on the Similar, Keywords, Genre, Cast buttons, i am forced to go from "similar" straight to "cast", skipping the keywords and genres buttons.

I cloned the git repo, so I'll keep up with the updates as best I can.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks for the feedback, it really was not my intention to make it easy for a mouse, I have been meaning to fix up the keyboard navigation. I will see if i can that that fixed up this weekend.

thanks again
-ken Z-
(2014-02-22, 18:25)kzeleny Wrote: Thanks for the feedback, it really was not my intention to make it easy for a mouse, I have been meaning to fix up the keyboard navigation. I will see if i can that that fixed up this weekend.

thanks again

Pushed update to git to clean up keyboard navigation on movie screen.
-ken Z-
Much easier to navigate with a remote now. Good job!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-02-22, 20:47)thrak76 Wrote: Much easier to navigate with a remote now. Good job!

Thanks! I if you have any suggestions about navigating with a remote just let me know. ( I use Keyboard and a Track Pad)
-ken Z-
Added Person Detail Screen Framework
-ken Z-
Fixed up keyboard navigation on person detail screen, added integration with movie screen. enabled viewing of images, switch between movie credits and tv credits. Tweaked person detail layout.

Updates available from git, see first post.
-ken Z-
Added ability to show all movies for a given person from the person screen, can show all movies directed by, produced by, or written by as well. Enhanced title font to work with various skins.

Updates available form git, see first post
-ken Z-
This is shaping up nicely. Works great here.

I wonder if this could integrate into the skin, like in the manner that script.metadata.actors does? Or perhaps a combined effort of the two? I don't know, just thinking out loud...
Updated git with fix for keyboard remote naviation to search for people
-ken Z-
Really nice add-on. I use tmdb several times a day and to view it within xbmc is amazing. One feature request is it possible to view movies, tv shows - favorites, watchlists and the custom lists. By logging in your account?

Thanks

*UPDATE*

Just saw where you can log in. sorry.. thanks ! so one feature request : to view the custom lists user make. and have one long page of movies like on tmdb.org
(2014-02-27, 10:15)polly Wrote: Really nice add-on. I use tmdb several times a day and to view it within xbmc is amazing. One feature request is it possible to view movies, tv shows - favorites, watchlists and the custom lists. By logging in your account?

Thanks

*UPDATE*

Just saw where you can log in. sorry.. thanks ! so one feature request : to view the custom lists user make. and have one long page of movies like on tmdb.org

I am working on adding user lists now. I have to rework the movies menu a bit to make room. i am consolidating my account features under one button, then adding in lists.

long list of movies is impracticable since tmdb delivers them to me in groups of 20 and grabbing more than that slows things down too much.

thanks for the feedback and suggestions. keep them coming!
-ken Z-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Themoviedb.org Browser Preview0