• 5(current)
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote
(2014-03-20, 02:05)thechocobn Wrote:
(2014-03-17, 23:51)OmBreNoiRe Wrote: I've just bought the xbox 360 remote : it works perfectly after the regedit modification. (...)

Good remote, I'm just missing the stop button, changing subtitles, and audio tracks. I guess I can remap that manually.

Still for the black Xbox 360 media remote, I created this keyboard.xml file for OpenElec so that it gives me the functionalities I am looking for:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="232">Stop</key>
      <key id="253">NextSubtitle</key>
      <key id="254">SubtitleAlign</key>
      <key id="252">AudioDelay</key>
      <key id="251">AudioNextLanguage</key>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
  <VideoMenu>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="232">Stop</key>
      <key id="253">NextSubtitle</key>
      <key id="254">SubtitleAlign</key>
      <key id="252">AudioDelay</key>
      <key id="251">AudioNextLanguage</key>
    </keyboard>
  </VideoMenu>
</keymap>

Note that I had no use of the buttons I reassigned, which allowed me to do this.
232 = Record
253 = Yellow
254 = Blue
252 = Green
251 = Red
What is the id for Guide button? (since pressing Guide, opens music menu?)
(2014-03-30, 16:56)solamnic Wrote: What is the id for Guide button? (since pressing Guide, opens music menu?)

I figured out the key IDs by activating and checking the logs. I don't have time to check it out this week but you could do the same.
Hello, is there now a functioning option for XBOX ONE remote to the Windows XBMC?

About EventGhost (I like this program does not) it will detect all the key presses. But I do not know how I of binding it in the XBMC.
My opinion is that old Xbox 360 remote is better then new one or. the slim one.
You can get one with backlit and it has stop button, also prefer the directional buttons to not be on joint circle. Both xbox 360 remotes does have playback buttons too high and volume, page up/down too low.
(2014-04-03, 06:17)illiac4 Wrote: My opinion is that old Xbox 360 remote is better then new one or. the slim one.
You can get one with backlit and it has stop button, also prefer the directional buttons to not be on joint circle. Both xbox 360 remotes does have playback buttons too high and volume, page up/down too low.

Which one has backlit?
(2014-04-03, 07:26)solamnic Wrote: Which one has backlit?

The first edition of the remote. A little bit bulky though.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:X...remote.jpg
(2014-04-06, 09:01)thechocobn Wrote:
(2014-04-03, 07:26)solamnic Wrote: Which one has backlit?

The first edition of the remote. A little bit bulky though.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:X...remote.jpg

Really bulky.... Big Grin

still prefer the black 360 remote... Nod
For those missing "stop", the common practice on remotes that lack a dedicated stop button is to make the universal "back" button stop playback when you are in fullscreen video. It's behavior that I actually think should be default, since most of the time it just causes confusion when someone backs out of a video while it's playing. I can't see the boobies when the menus are up anyways.
does this remote works with windows 8.1 out of box ?
I need something which is controling also netflix metro app or acting as a mouse.
just bought the remote for my htpc and works great with my flirc not a single issue

thanks for all the info on this thread
Will this remote work with the IR reciever on a NUC (2820) running Openelec as its sole OS? (and if so, how?)

It looks like my idea remote!
(2014-05-10, 20:25)Jetpac Wrote: Will this remote work with the IR reciever on a NUC (2820) running Openelec as its sole OS? (and if so, how?)

Yes, here's how
(2014-02-20, 01:10)kindrudekid Wrote: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-...0-6417846/

So Apparently XBOXONE is gonna have a remote and if what I see on the pic is true , this is what I need, a simple minimalistic remote that will work with my Intel DN2820 NUC

What are some good minimalistic remote that will run out of the box for XBMC and Openelec?

just added to OpenELEC so it works by default OOTB.
see: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...747b23789a

will be included in the next OpenELEC-4.0.3 stable build
greetings, Stephan

Thats great to hear, I picked up one of these as it really is an excellent remote, great build quality and the perfect numbers of buttons for XBMC at least for me.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Remote] Xbox One Media Remote1