Solved Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music
I am using the nightly March 15 build which seems to be a Beta3, at least it calls itself that way.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Anyhow, there is (again) a problem with scraping local info only when using refresh on artists and albums and I hope it will be looked at. Could a dev or a mod re-open the bug ticket please?
More info for try fix this

XBMC Gotham Nightlies Beta 2, Skin Aeon Mq 5, Windows 8.1
Artists: Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa
Album: Don´t Explain

image 1, tags in tagscanner software

Song title feat. Beth Hart
Artist: Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart
Album Artist: Joe Bonamassa; Beth Hart

Maybe have other way for fix it.
Image 2, Directory with images and nfo for artist Beth Hart, no album here

Image 3, Directory with images and nfo for artist Joe Bonamassa, album here, Selected this item only for scraper in my test.

Image 4. After scraper item in directory Beth Hart & Joe Bonamassa, have this situation

Don´t get data Beth Hart directory, but have fanart ok, and have data Joe Bonamassa

Image 5. After scraper artist Joe Bonamassa, is fine, but don´t have logo image

Image 6. Track list, show album, when select one or other artist, it´s ok.

NFO File Beth Hart
http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/gotham/Beth/artist.nfo

NFO File Joe Bonamassa
http://www.files.xbmcbrasil.net/gotham/Joe/artist.nfo

Artist is get data using scraper local information only
Album is get data using scraper universal Albums

I hope XBMC, after fix by team, read 2 nfo in respective folders and have data and images ok for each artist.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@LEDFan: I can't reproduce. It works perfectly fine for me using Adele/21 from you I think?

i.e. Refresh correctly reloads the information from the .nfo file for both artist and album.

I'll need a Debug Log plus clearer details of what is going wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm sorry if I lead you on a wrong track.

You were right at a certain point. I did not realize that the NFO was in fact scanned but the result did not appear right away after. I had to go back to the home menu and then, go again in Music - Artists or in Music - Albums to see the result. Do you understand what I mean? It does that for both Artists and Albums. But, I don't know if it can be a xbmc bug or a skin bug... Do you have an idea? Do you still need a log since there are no error messages?
It should show you the updated information in the Album info/Artist info dialogs, right?

But it may not then force a refresh of the list once you exit the Album Info/Artist Info dialog?

Is that what you mean?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

OK I'll try to explain it more clearly with pictures.

Let say I have this for an artist (with info panel on): As you can see, there is no info for Years active and many styles.

Let say I want to modify my NFO file to make it reflect my own way by adding the active years and only put one style. So, my file is modified and I press "i" to get my info updated (as I do for movies).

It should update the info automatically and right now doing that but it doesn't. I have to press Refresh.

But even there (after pressing refresh), the info panel is still not updated. I still get this:

Therefore, I have to exit to the home menu:

and come back in music/artist in order to see the changes applied. This should not behaves that way no?

I hope you can understand the situation better.
After pressing refresh it was updated in the info dialog (the dialog that comes up when you press I, in the 3rd picture above) but it didn't refresh in the list. Using a skin like Confuence will make this more obvious.

i.e. the only missing bit is the info dialog doesn't tell the music window that it needs to refresh the list.

Oh you're right, I did not notice it was refreshed in the third picture. OK, now, regarding the missing bit, you're saying that it's skin related, is that right?
No, it's not skin related. Just that in Confluence it's more obvious than in whatever skin you're using.

OK I get it. The thing I don't understand is that it does not refresh the info automatically when you press "i". This is how it behaves for movies. We should not have to press Refresh when using local information only.
It doesn't do that at all for movies. If information is already in the database it displays that.

Well, I'll tell you what I do.

I use Frodo 12.3, insert a new movie, then scrape it with MovieDB. Then export my files in separate files.

I use another installation (portable) with Gotham Beta 2 installed. This installation is configured for using local info only for movies, TV Shows and music artists/albums. When I want to add the movie that I just had added in Frodo, I position the cursor (or mouse) on the movie, press "i" and then it scans my NFO automatically, retrieving all the information without having to do anything else. That's what I have and how it behaves for me, not you?
Now do the same thing when the movie is in the library.

Oh I see and just realize that when I did that for Movies in my example above, since it was the first time I was using it to add the movie in Gotham, it was not in the library yet, so I shouldn't have considered it as a Refresh but it was a first scan! This is why it was working on the go for movies. Thanks for the clarification jmarshall.

So this should not be considered as a bug. The guys made me think it was broken again but in fact, it is working. Maybe there would be place for just a small improvement in the way the info is refreshed on the info wall, This is what I think on my side. It's just a question of perception I guess. I'm putting back this thread as Solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham problem updating albums using nfo files (Local information only) in music1