Linux Show Recordings With Art & Sort by Season/Episode
I love this plugin! This has allowed my to free myself from using the ugly or buggy(pick only one!) WMC front-end. Thank you so much!

All I am missing is shows that appear with fanart via scraper(thetvdb et al) and the ability to see shows sorted by season and episode.

I tried importing the recordings as a video source, but I think the file format is messing with it (WTV??). It find the metadata, but shows each show as empty. I am using the MQ5 skin. I will change to whatever skin give the prettiest, most functional views available.

I am using RecordedTVHD MCE add-on, so that is the functional level I am looking for view wise. That add-on has caused instability issues, and the native WMC gui is blah...

The WAF factor is in full effectConfused

Thanks for the help!
Seeing shows by season/episode will require a wtv renamer program (there are ones available, some are free). You need the file renamed so the xbmc scrappers successfully scrap them. This will only work for adding this collection as a video source, which you have already noted. The xbmc scrappers ignore the metadata that's embeded in wtv files.

The 'recordings' view in our addon does use the embedded wtv metadata, but it can't show season/episode because the wmc epg guide doesn't contain this info (its actually there, but these fields are always 0).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks! I'll do just that.

If I rename the files, will that break MCE from playing them locally? I guess I'll find out soon enough!
No it shouldnt affect MCE from playing them, it can play any file that is in the Recorded TV directory or any watched folders.

FYI ServerWMC has an ExternalActions feature that you can use, to run your renaming tool whenever a recording completes (including passing the file name into the external tool).

Have a look on the Wiki and in the FeatureRequest thread if you are interested in setting that up. There was also another recent thread about it in the forum here, in the last couple of days. You need to hand edit the config file, there arent any GUI settings to enter the details.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show Recordings With Art & Sort by Season/Episode0