Audio Smart Playlists with custom MP3 Tags?
Hello,

I have a big audio library with about 40.000 songs. I tagged them all very well with Musicbrainz Picard, so they got things like 'mood' written in the mp3 tag.

Now I want to make a Smart Playlist that works like last.fm Radio, e.g.: a random generated smart playlist with all songs that include "chill" in the mood mp3 tag, so that it includes every song that got the tag "chill" in the "mood" field of the mp3 tag and plays them randomly (playing the smart playlist in party mode would be OK).

As I've seen here, this is not possible with a smart playlist (audio/songs). It is possible with an smart playlist (audio/ARTIST) though, but my question: Will it take the mood (of the whole artist...) from the mp3 tags or the scraped information? The information in my mp3s is WAY more accurate than the scraped infos...

Does anyone have an idea of how to make such a smart playlist work?

I have lots of other tags in my mp3s, such as Country, Decade etc... can't i ever use this information for creating a smart playlist in XBMC? It would be a GREAT feature for big databases and personal "radio stations" Smile

My Setup: XBMC 12.3, Ubuntu 12.04.

Thanks
I concur. Got the same problem as you, Funky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Smart Playlists with custom MP3 Tags?0