Win Hdmi sound issues
Hello I'm posting this even tho I'm sure it's not an actual xbmc issue as such but after posting my problem on other help forums with no fix that this forum has been the most helpful by a long shot. After having lots of issue trying to get xbmc to initiate after installing on my laptop running windows 7 64 bit to which I received the solution to the problem which had me at my wits end !! Now xbmc is running perfect on my laptop to which I have to say once again that xbmc is outstanding. My new issue stems from when I connect my laptop (advent roma 3001) to my lg tv the picture quality is flawless ( after a few tweeks ) but I'm not receiving any audio from my tv with my very limit knowledge I have had a bit of a look round my laptop sound setting and cannot find a fix. This will probs be. Because of my incompetence with computer. As always any help would be much appreciated [/u]
Have you try Analog audio in XBMC? Make sure that XBMC is not muted the sound....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I will try that now the audio is fine on laptop but will not plays through my tv when using my hdmi cable to connect thank you
Within XBMC in Settings -> System -> Audio output have you set Audio Output Device and Passthrough Output Device to HDMI? If the HDMI is not listed then make sure you connect to the TV before starting XBMC.
Once again the solution to my problem is solved !! Much appreciated brilliant forum and members cheers
Just done as stated above settings audio output and changed it to hdmi then hey presto the sound played through my tv didn't look at pass through option. Then switched it back to anolog to get sound back onto laptop just to get used to switching back and forth now I've just went through the same motions to put sound back onto tv and audio not working again I did notice under passthrough output device it is saying error no devices found as I said before don't know what it was saying before as I didn't check it's he time I got audio through my tv !!! Thanks
Now after messing around have just realised that on videos that the audio works on tv with is Dolby digital all others don't seem to work any ideas would be appreciated cheers
In XBMC:

Audio Output: Analog ( leave this alone)
Speaker configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: toggle between HDMI (for sound from TV) & Speakers (for sound from laptop)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hdmi sound issues0