Help Getting XBMC Remote working across a subnet
I am running Xbian on my Rpi and had it working on my primary network with the iphone xbmc remote and everything was fine.I wanted to run the Rpi in another room without an internet connection. So I took an old AP (linksys 2500) and put it in client mode (running DD-WRT) DDWRT Client Mode
with an ip 192.168.2.1/255.255.255.0. The Rpi now has the address 192.168.2.147. I can access the internet from this net and I can configure the xbian from a local computer. In client mode the router does not allow wireless connections and connects to the primary gateway at 192.168.1.1 via the 802.11 connection. The Rpi is plugged into one of the ethernet ports.

My primary net is off a linksys ea6300 on 192.168.1.1. This is where my iphone is attached 192.168.1.113. It is my wireless AP and WAN connection.

I have tried to set up a static route on the 6300 with the following with the idea this will allow the phone to "see" the Rpi.

route name destination IP subnet mask gateway
xbian 192.168.2.147 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1

but when I go to save the device says "the specified gateway IP is not a valid address.

Thanks for any advice
I don't know the EA6300 so can't answer for specific setup. But looking at the Client mode setup on your link, it is only for Internet connection and not communication between the subnets. If possible I would try the client bridge or repeater bridge setup to keep everything on the same subnet.

If you can't do that .... bridging across two subnets is often tricky and issues can be very router specific, even if setup correctly some protocols may not work (NB UPNP/DNLA).
You could try Subnet masks of 255.255.254.0 This would effectively combine the two existing subnets into one, but may cause other bigger problems/conflicts between the routers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Getting XBMC Remote working across a subnet0