Solved Help with switching between ROM emulators and XBMC seamlessly
Hello everyone,

I built my first HTPC 8 months ago and have enjoyed upgrading and customizing it ever since. I have been researching for days on how to improve and integrate different applications into XBMC. However, I have one problem, I downloaded a bunch of emulators and ROMs, used advanced launcher to organize it all (using Frodo), and use an Xbox 360 controller for all my games, BUT I know there has to be a way to go back and forth between emulators and XBMC WITHOUT going back to the desktop and having to use a keyboard and mouse o get back to XBMC. I know there must be a way to do this seamlessly but I don't know how. I am thinking of just using Hyperspin to get over this hurdle, but I really prefer using XBMC to navigate my games. So any help with this would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks!
Have you visited the Advanced Launcher wiki? There they give configuration guidance for each emulator on each system for both Windows and Linux. Using all the right arguments, I never have to go to the desktop to restart a game or the xbmc interface.

http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?title=Main_Page

In each emulator you may have to map a controller button or button combination to the ESC key, which exits most emulators.
I did look at the wiki but I was looking for something more aesthetically pleasing and that could be integrated into xbmc. Funny thing, after posting this I think I found the solution! I found the thread for Retroplayer (http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=194) and I'm going use ROM Collection Browser to organize it all. Retroplayer allows you to play the rom WITHIN xbmc! Once my new mobo comes in I'm going to give it a try! Thanks anyways!
Not sure I understand then. When I use Advanced Launcher I browse my scraped roms within xbmc, choose one, it opens the game in full screen to play, you can then push ESC and it closes the game and goes back to the rom list in Xbmc. Does that not happen for you? Xbmc never closes, the emulator of choice just opens during the game and then closes and xbmc is still open after hitting the assigned ESC button to exit.
Although I have the emulator set to fullscreen it won't open to full screen. I was hoping to have a way to easily switch back and forth between xbmc and the emulators but just isn't working on my system. Unfortunately, XBMC integrated with retroplayer is still having issues with its test builds so I'll have to us Hyperspin for a more immersive experience.To my understanding retroplayer will be integrated into XBMC Gotham so I'll just have to wait it out.
Which emulator are you having trouble opening to full screen?
Snex9x
Try mednafen.
There shouldn't be a problem if you set your argument like the wiki says:

-fullscreen "%rom%"

For that emulator it looks like you would have to map to ALT F4 for escaping the emulator. Have to admit I'm using Xbmcbuntu and all the emulators I chose use ESC to exit and return to xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with switching between ROM emulators and XBMC seamlessly0