FROM FRODO - MUSIC LIBRARY WON'T SCAN ONLINE ITUNES LIBRARY OVER FTP
Can anyone help please?

I use a back-up service called Livedrive which is an online back-up service with FTP/WEBDAV facilities.

Whenever I add music to my iTunes library, this is uploaded onto my online storage.

I then add the access the music library folder using 'Add Network Connection' as an FTP drive (i.e.: ftp.livedrive.com)

My movies are accessed in the same fashion with no problems (not via iTunes obviously) however when I try to scan my music library it freezes at the first folder.

I'm aware iTunes creates .ds files that can't be hidden via FTP (Filezilla has highlighted this), this is what appears to be causing the freezing. The same instance occurs with the nightly builds of Gotham but it is fine on XBMC 11.0 and below. I'd rather use the latest version of XBMC as I run it from my Mac Mini and would much prefer to use the 64 bit version of XBMC on this.

How can I make XBMC ignore the .ds files in order for my music library to scan correctly. I can't delete the .ds files as iTunes creates them automatically.

I'm tearing my hair out. Please help!!!! Confused
Why are you accessing your music from an online backup instead of the machine, presumably on your lan, that is running itunes?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FROM FRODO - MUSIC LIBRARY WON'T SCAN ONLINE ITUNES LIBRARY OVER FTP0