Android Can't enable pvr.wmc add-on
Hi,

new here, but need some help getting pvr.wmc add-on working under Android (Tronsmart Android stick). Running XBMC Frodo (12.3) and install pvr.wmc (pvr.wmc-android-arm-0.1.93) from zip file. Everything installs fine, but when I try to enable it, I get an error. Log file contains the error:

16:39:51 T:1745772416 DEBUG: Loading: /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so
16:39:51 T:1745772416 ERROR: Unable to load /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/pvr.wmc/libXBMC_WMC.so, reason: (null)

Which isn't much help. Any help is very much appreciated!

Andreas
permission issue most likely. If you have root access then move the pvr.wmc folder into the system addons area rather than the user addons area. Other option is to run XBMC Gotham nightly builds which include pvr.wmc by default so its in the system area
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I'll give that a try and see how it works out. Which would you say is the most stable of the nightly Gotham builds?
No idea sorry, I havent been following the nightlies. I actually still run Frodo on all my HTPCs and just have a gotham build on my HTC One android phone mainly because I used it for testing when getting our addon compiling for android. I am also running Gotham on my dev machine but that is just github source pulled down whenever I fell like it. Neither are "prime time" usage where things like stability or WAF come into account Smile
Just grabbed the latest nightly and that fixed the add-on issue. Now I'm running into the next one (with serverWMC or the client). Trying to view a channel results in the following serverWMC log:

2014/02/20 17:26:48.579 OpenLiveStream> stream path returned to client: smb://FOO/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.1.141_ATSC_13.1_2014_02_20_17_26_46.ts
2014/02/20 17:26:48.579 OpenLiveStream> -----------------done-------------------------
2014/02/20 17:26:48.579 Finished request OpenLiveStream in 1.98s
2014/02/20 17:26:48.978 Received client request: 192.168.1.141|StreamStartError|smb://FOO/Recorded TV/TempSWMC/LiveTV_192.168.1.141_ATSC_13.1_2014_02_20_17_26_46.ts

I can access the .ts file from another machine, so it shouldn't be a sharing issue. Any ideas?

Btw, thanks for all the help!
Does your android device have name resolution working? Perhaps try the IP address instead of FOO? (change ServerWMC share setting to use IP address)

Also have you setup user/password on the server machine and given it permission on the share, and then specified the user/password in the ServerWMC settings fo the remote client to use?

Alternatively go into advanced network settings on the server and disable "password protected sharing" (satisfy yourself of any security implications on your home network if you do this)
Solved the issue, it was permissions. Forgot the "Everyone" does not include anonymous anymore. Adding a Windows user solved that. However, now XBMC crashes as soon as it tries to render the stream.. Smile To add insult to injury, both Live TV and the pvr add-on are disabled when XBMC is restarted.
After some more digging, it appears the crash happens in the codec (at least that is the last log line). What's the best approach to get some help (hopefully) getting it looked at / fixed?

21:07:14 T:1756236640 DEBUG: bool CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open(CDVDInputStream*) - av_find_stream_info finished
21:07:14 T:1756236640 NOTICE: Opening video stream: 2 source: 256
21:07:14 T:1756236640 NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 2
21:07:14 T:1756236640 DEBUG: CDVDFactoryCodec: compiled in hardware support: CrystalHD:no AMCodec:yes MediaCodec:yes OpenMax:no libstagefright:yes VDPAU:no VAAPI:no
21:07:14 T:1756236640 INFO: MediaCodec Video Decoder...
21:07:14 T:1756236640 DEBUG: FactoryCodec - Video: mediacodec - Opening
Android support forum i reckon...
Wasn't sure if XBMC came with its own codec pack or relied on the OS for that. But that makes sense. Thanks for the help!
There is something wonky going on with Android and XBMC...You can fix this by going into system - video - playback and disable mediacodec. I have found that here recently I have to enable and disable mediacodec depending on the type of codec it is needing. I have found libstagefright to be the better of the two in terms of playback unless I am using an older xvid 480p video file. if you leave libstagefright enabled and disable mediacodec the pvr add-on will work just fine.
Sorry, should have replied to my own thread during the weekend. Found the same thing after some google'ing and everything is working fine. Thanks though!
(2014-02-21, 03:02)scarecrow420 Wrote: permission issue most likely. If you have root access then move the pvr.wmc folder into the system addons area rather than the user addons area.
I have the exact same problem. What do you mean by moving pvr.wmc from the user addons area to the system addons area?
Do I have to move the folder that's in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data to .xbmc/system? I am confused!
Thank you for your help!

EDIT: I am still using Frodo.
(2014-02-28, 17:15)Vonspiel Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 03:02)scarecrow420 Wrote: permission issue most likely. If you have root access then move the pvr.wmc folder into the system addons area rather than the user addons area.
I have the exact same problem. What do you mean by moving pvr.wmc from the user addons area to the system addons area?
Do I have to move the folder that's in .xbmc/userdata/addon_data to .xbmc/system? I am confused!
Thank you for your help!

EDIT: I am still using Frodo.

it's a bit dependent on your android device but yeah what I mean is normally addons that you install yourself go into the userdata area, whereas addons that come with xbmc go into the installation directory (wherever that happens to be on your system). Some android devices seem to have some permission issues with access to the userdata area when trying to enable the addon. Moving it (with root access) to the system instalaltion area (in the addons subfolder) has worked for others. Have a poke around on your device and you should locate where the installation folder is and under there should be an addons folder. Move pvr.wmc from the userdata area to there
Thanks scarecrow. Unfortunately the pvr plugin was in the right folder. I updated to a gotham nightly and it worked fine, except that then all my other plugins started to act strange or stop functioning. I have had so many problem with this little android stick, spending more time trying to fix it than being able to watch whatever I want whenever I want that I just ordered another Ouya!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't enable pvr.wmc add-on0