• 2(current)
Release Eminence
Have not tried this but also wanted to say congrats, though with 3 skins now to maintain you will need to clone yourself! Only comment so far just from the screenshots is that the PVR area needs some love. Good luck Smile
Nice one. Glad some more Gotham skins see the light before we go beta Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
effin' beauty-full!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
jurialmunkey, are you planning to make this skin Frodo compatible?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well this is really magnificence . This is the skin i've been waiting for. Congrats and thank you Jurial. I have been using Arctic for a while now but to be honest didn't really liked the design. This is already my default skin even though it isn't full y finished. Only thing that i am Wishing for are custom home menus and backgrounds. Keep up the good work. Rofl
can't argue about taste
I hope you continue with the further development of Arctic.
There are already so many unfinished skins for xbmc. sorry
MacMini 2012 - MacOS 10.10 - Kodi
His last commit to arctic github was only 24 days ago. jurial is a very active skinner and took a small break from arctic to work on this skin. I'm pretty sure he will continue to work on arctic. Stating development on arctic is standig still, is a bit disrespecful, the man did updates to the skin on a daily base, and he really listens well to the community/users feedback. I bet the man has a social life too ;-)

Will test this skin tomorrow on my dad's Pi, i'm pretty sure he will like the skin.
Tested on the RPI now and it's a perfect match!
(2014-02-21, 19:37)FREAKJAM Wrote: His last commit to arctic github was only 24 days ago. jurial is a very active skinner and took a small break from arctic to work on this skin. I'm pretty sure he will continue to work on arctic. Stating development on arctic is standig still, is a bit disrespecful, the man did updates to the skin on a daily base, and he really listens well to the community/users feedback. I bet the man has a social life too ;-)

Will test this skin tomorrow on my dad's Pi, i'm pretty sure he will like the skin.

I appreciate the work of Jurail like no other.
I am just concerned about Arctic. According to the opinion of many the best skin so far.
hi,
I would like to help with translating this skin to polish. any idea where i can start?
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement etc. etc. Smile

@futuro - re: install gotham and frodo side by side
On linux I keep two partitions - one stable and one for testing. Once I'm satisfied that the testing one is stable, I keep that and wipe the old stable partition and then use that partition for testing. I've been finding Gotham pretty solid since most of the issues with radeon cards on linux have been fixed - of course, ymmv.

@thedeadman - re: justified vs left alignment
I've used left justified in some of the small text boxes - I find them both problematic in their own ways. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I actually find justified text to be easier to read - but maybe its just the aesthetic desire to have it justified that distracts me from reading.... Wink

@Smobbo - re: skin widgets
No widgets on home screen. They act as a sort of hub for each section - you click movies and then you see the spotlight section with various library options on the right. You can also then press right to get straight to the library section (and then also go back left to get to the widget/library hub).
I'm using a bit of different navigation concept compared to other skins -- rather than home being the central hub, its instead available from everywhere in the skin - you just press the key mapped to player controls to bring it up.

@da-anada @im85288 @ProsjektX - re: epg
Agree about the epg. Already made some changes. Had to break my design paradigm a little, but it works much better like this -- still have my left padding in place to keep some consistency -- design wise the right side padding isn't as important as the left side padding anyway.

@ProsjektX - re: So nice to see more skinners focusing on the basics of usability instead of stuffing the skins up with distracting artwork and fancy effects...
I'm glad its come across like that because that's exactly what I've been trying to achieve!

@hoopsdavis - re: jurialmunkey, are you planning to make this skin Frodo compatible?
Gotham only unfortunately. I'm using a lot of the great new skinning functions that Gotham brings -- allows for very minimal texture usage, so hopefully will work nicely on the r-pi

@dnuc @sling - re: Arctic
Will still work on Arctic. Just having a little break. Except for a few minor issues that need fixing for Gotham (like subs), I'm pretty happy with where Arctic is at the moment. Coding wise its a complete mess so I don't think it will ever make to the main repo, but I'm pretty happy with it feature wise.

@Cassiel @en0x - re: translations
Will be sending requests for transifex and wip repo in the next week or so. I'll let you guys know once its there. Really appreciate the helping hands - this is what open source is about Smile

@FREAKJAM - re: r-pi
Let me know how it goes on the r-pi. Its pretty light on textures, so I'm hoping it will work nicely on the pi.

@Dievil - re: customisation of home screen
That definitely will be coming. The idea is that you can have everything you use like plugins etc. at hand

@Martijn - re: Nice one. Glad some more Gotham skins see the light before we go beta Smile
Hopefully it will be ready for official repo by final release candidate Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I'm very disappointed to read that also Arctic like almost all WIP skins not feather comes than the WIP status. Arctic would be a real addition to the main repro.
I am speaking on behalf of many. See the many positive reactions on this forum.
I would like to recommend all skinners to hold on to a idea and to develop into main skin before to start again with a new idea.
As a ordinary user you're excited about a WIP skin, in my case Arctic, you give response, you take bugs for granted, you do a donation, you test all in the hope that this skin is developed to a main skin.
Understand me well you do a good job. Without your work not all the possibilities of xbmc will be exploited. So all skinners are doing a great job but to avoid further disappointments I'll wait until a skin in the main repro appears. This is my opinion. Good luck with skinning.

to giff you a comment on your new skin. choose 4 options for the home screen, what does your home screen looks like?
I really like this skin, I would love it if you could add the 3D video file detection like the default skin, Quartz skin and the Ace skin. Because I have duplicate films in my library, one HD and the other 3D. I just want the option to let me know which is 3D and which is just HD.
(2014-02-22, 13:05)sling Wrote: I'm very disappointed to read that also Arctic like almost all WIP skins not feather comes than the WIP status. Arctic would be a real addition to the main repro. I am speaking on behalf of many. See the many positive reactions on this forum.
I would like to recommend all skinners to hold on to a idea and to develop into main skin before to start again with a new idea.
As a ordinary user you're excited about a WIP skin, in my case Arctic, you give response, you take bugs for granted, you do a donation, you test all in the hope that this skin is developed to a main skin.

What part of Will still work on Arctic. Just having a little break do you not understand? I appreciate that you feel entitled to tell me what you recommend I do with my free time, but I prefer to make that decision myself thank you very much.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Jurial,

keep up the good work - this skin is excellent so far
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35