• 33(current)
Release Eminence
@miappa: You're right, it works on most views, but not list, poster and wall.
I also would like to have this feature in those views.

@jurialmunkey: Is this possible? That would be great.
(2014-04-14, 15:08)Sunset1982 Wrote: I would love to see one more movie view like this one (media info 3 from Arquatic Skin):

maybe thats something you could put on your to do list? I think this is the best view to see as much information as possible with no overloaded informations.
Its a very nice view but doesn't fit in with the design specifications for views in this skin. Every view in this skin must fit in the space that the lovefilm view takes up. This is for two main reasons - the side menus (context and view) slide in and push the content over to make space -- there needs to be a lot of horizontal padding to accommodate this. Also, the slide across from the hub would look very strange with a fullscreen type view like this.However, I am thinking of making a "tri-panel" type of view.

(2014-04-14, 23:05)Talguy Wrote: 1) I have been in and out of full screen mode a lot lately has I've been working on my HTPC automation scheme. When I mouse away from the bottom navigation bar and then press the left/right arrows on my remote or keybaord they don't regain focus and allow me to navigate the bar. The only way I get them back in focus is by mousing over them and then press the left/right arrow buttons. It would be great to get this fixed, but its not a huge deal just those little details

2) The down arrow widget. I think its been discussed here earlier but to me it feels a little out of place. Its goregous and I like the trailer feature, but doesn't feel like it belongs and its navigation scheme is a little confusing as changing from one category to the other is a press of the down button. The Movies/TV Shows/Trailers banner at the top feels cluttered and hard to read sometimes. Those are really the highlight of this widget and should be displayed a bit larger.
1. Yeah mouse/touch support isn't completed yet. I wont be working on it properly until everything else is completed -- at the moment it is remote only (though mouse does work in a lot of places).

2. Yeah it has been discussed, and I'm not entirely happy with it but I haven't come up with anything I prefer yet. If it stays in its current form it will most likely be disabled by default in the final release.

(2014-04-15, 10:02)matze276 Wrote: There are some series I don't archive, so i don't add them to the library.

Is there an option to show the watched/unwatched icon also in the file list?

You need to set the content type for your source folder because the skin only shows watched flags for movies and tvshows (it works in some views because those don't have movies/tvshows specific viewtypes). It doesn't make sense to show it for other types of content because you just end up with a column of unwatched dots down the side of lists which looks really strange.

Go to "files" from the movie/tvshow hub.
Focus the folder where your content is.
Open the context menu ("C" on keyboard) and choose "Set Content".
Change the content type to movies or tvshows
Enable the "exclude path from library updates" option so it wont scan.
Click "Ok" to enable your changes.
Choose "No" when asked to refresh info etc.

Or is there some issue with doing this?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-04-16, 01:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 10:02)matze276 Wrote: There are some series I don't archive, so i don't add them to the library.

Is there an option to show the watched/unwatched icon also in the file list?

You need to set the content type for your source folder because the skin only shows watched flags for movies and tvshows (it works in some views because those don't have movies/tvshows specific viewtypes). It doesn't make sense to show it for other types of content because you just end up with a column of unwatched dots down the side of lists which looks really strange.

Go to "files" from the movie/tvshow hub.
Focus the folder where your content is.
Open the context menu ("C" on keyboard) and choose "Set Content".
Change the content type to movies or tvshows
Enable the "exclude path from library updates" option so it wont scan.
Click "Ok" to enable your changes.
Choose "No" when asked to refresh info etc.

Or is there some issue with doing this?

Cool, thanx for this little workaround. It worked.
Quote:
Quote:Sunset1982 Wrote:
I would love to see one more movie view like this one (media info 3 from Arquatic Skin):

maybe thats something you could put on your to do list? I think this is the best view to see as much information as possible with no overloaded informations.
Its a very nice view but doesn't fit in with the design specifications for views in this skin. Every view in this skin must fit in the space that the lovefilm view takes up. This is for two main reasons - the side menus (context and view) slide in and push the content over to make space -- there needs to be a lot of horizontal padding to accommodate this. Also, the slide across from the hub would look very strange with a fullscreen type view like this.However, I am thinking of making a "tri-panel" type of view.

thanks for the info! maybe you'll find another good tripanel view! keep on with your good work!
I've updated my Raspberry Pi to Gotham, so i can finally use Eminence Smile !
It looks great on the big screen (used it before to test on my laptop) !
I really like the 'down arrow widget', but i think i found a bug?
I'm using the latest github extract (from yesterday), when i change the widget type in settings (where you can choose for item 1 through 4 what is shown) it doesn't work anymore. When pressing down it just shows me an empty widget.
After i reinitialize the skin it works again (but only with the standard 'recently added' info).

Is this a bug, or am i missing some kind of trigger to let it work with different info (like 'in progress')?

Anyhow, love the look and feel of the overall skin, will start to use it in the coming weeks and give feedback where i can Big Grin !
(2014-04-16, 01:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. Yeah mouse/touch support isn't completed yet. I wont be working on it properly until everything else is completed -- at the moment it is remote only (though mouse does work in a lot of places).

2. Yeah it has been discussed, and I'm not entirely happy with it but I haven't come up with anything I prefer yet. If it stays in its current form it will most likely be disabled by default in the final release.

Cool man, glas to hear it is still on the To-Do list. Weird thing is, is that I run Eminence on my Macbook also and mouse support worked just fine. I checked the versioin of Eminence I was running and it was 0.9.35. My desktop (Win7x64) was running 0.9.36, so it looks like something got screwed up during the version bump or XBMC OS X version doesn't doesn't havea mouse problem. Just a weird thing I noticed but atleast I'm aware that I nee to keep a track pad in the living room in the event this problem happens.
about the down widget: i agree with jurialmunkey on that it kinda lost it's usefulness after the new update. i've been using it as my main skin from the beginning of this year and it's current state, i rarely use the widget,
don't get me wrong, it's a very beautiful widget, but it just doesn't take advantage of all the screen real estate and don't fit much[/align] with the rest of the skin.
one idea that rose to me is if you restored the look and feel of the first version of the widget, but with some changes.
- instead of the lovefilm mode for trailers, in progress, etc. use a banner/wide view like that on the screenshot (if the thumbnail is too big, it doesn't look very good.
- keep the option to customize what the widget shows, from the latest update.
thanks for listening Smile
I'd really love to see the bannerlist view in eminence, so I made a mockup of how it would look. I think it really fits quite well in the eminence design

Also, I think it would be a waste not to use the down widget. In Arctic, there is a popup widget to show recent movies, in progress shows, ...when you press up. I'd use the down widget for this, it really looks great on the home screen. And I would hide the menu by pressing down instead of up like it does now.

thoughts?
(2014-04-16, 09:51)Smobbo Wrote: I really like the 'down arrow widget', but i think i found a bug?
I'm using the latest github extract (from yesterday), when i change the widget type in settings (where you can choose for item 1 through 4 what is shown) it doesn't work anymore. When pressing down it just shows me an empty widget.
After i reinitialize the skin it works again (but only with the standard 'recently added' info).
Is this a bug, or am i missing some kind of trigger to let it work with different info (like 'in progress')?
What widget did you set it as? Or does it happen for all widget types? I have a feeling the you are trying to use the in-progress widget but you don't have service.library.data.provider installed because this is what happens when you use a path that doesn't exist or is invalid. Get it here: https://github.com/BigNoid/service.libra...a.provider

(2014-04-16, 15:42)Talguy Wrote: Cool man, glas to hear it is still on the To-Do list. Weird thing is, is that I run Eminence on my Macbook also and mouse support worked just fine. I checked the versioin of Eminence I was running and it was 0.9.35. My desktop (Win7x64) was running 0.9.36, so it looks like something got screwed up during the version bump or XBMC OS X version doesn't doesn't havea mouse problem. Just a weird thing I noticed but atleast I'm aware that I nee to keep a track pad in the living room in the event this problem happens.
Yeah nothing changed on that part so maybe its a platform thing. In Settings > System > Input Devices you can disable mouse and touch screen support altogether which should prevent anything like this happening.

(2014-04-17, 01:17)fabiomello Wrote: one idea that rose to me is if you restored the look and feel of the first version of the widget, but with some changes.
- instead of the lovefilm mode for trailers, in progress, etc. use a banner/wide view like that on the screenshot (if the thumbnail is too big, it doesn't look very good.
I was thinking about something along these type of lines actually. I've got a free day that I've left for skinning, so if I get through some of this other stuff (currently fixing some alignment and scaling issues with posters - lots of under the hood stuff) I might see if I can knock something together.

(2014-04-17, 01:52)doktrjones Wrote: I'd really love to see the bannerlist view in eminence, so I made a mockup of how it would look. I think it really fits quite well in the eminence design

Also, I think it would be a waste not to use the down widget. In Arctic, there is a popup widget to show recent movies, in progress shows, ...when you press up. I'd use the down widget for this, it really looks great on the home screen. And I would hide the menu by pressing down instead of up like it does now.

thoughts?
Your mock-up for banner list is pretty much exactly what I've had in mind. The main thing that bugs me that I don't know what to do about is the side text looks weird (imo) next to empty space, but maybe its just because I'm used to all the other views having something on that side.

I've been thinking the same thing in the last few days about having the widget slide up on the home screen like that. I think it would definitely make everything look a bit more consistent. I'm going to play around with it later today.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-04-17, 02:53)jurialmunkey Wrote: Your mock-up for banner list is pretty much exactly what I've had in mind. The main thing that bugs me that I don't know what to do about is the side text looks weird (imo) next to empty space, but maybe its just because I'm used to all the other views having something on that side.

I see what you mean, you could fill the empty space by aligning some extra info to the right side, like rating, tv channel, logo, ...
(2014-04-17, 01:52)doktrjones Wrote: I'd really love to see the bannerlist view in eminence, so I made a mockup of how it would look. I think it really fits quite well in the eminence design

thoughts?
this mockup looks very nice, i really like it. but i think that to it to fit better with the overall design of eminence, and with the side text too: all banners need to be of the same size (regardless of selected/unselected state) and having a semi-transparent box that lights up when selected, like with the other views.
Maybe this would fit better in the design?
(2014-04-17, 13:29)doktrjones Wrote: Maybe this would fit better in the design?

Now that would be cool. This is the one view I miss from Arctic to be honest.
This does look nice.
I assume you'll use a combination of banners for not selected items and landscape art for selected items?

I do find the absence of the number 04. distracting/confusing.

@Jurialmunkey:
1. you're right, i think i miss service.library.data.provide. How i missed that i don't know, but thats normally something i explain to others Wink .

2. I was looking at the TV-show hub and i saw that it shows the episode title with behind it the show name in brackets. That doesn't look very nice (imo ofcourse), perhaps the use of the accentcolor could help? or use two lines (if the space is available).

3. In some screens (like when in addon info) it shows below the picture (left side) 'press down for options...' but there you can press both down and right to get to options (and sometimes also the menubutton). Since its on the right side it makes sense to give that as primary option, right? Or is this one value used throughout the skin and is 'press down' used more?

4. I don't use a lot of homescreen buttons, so i don't have the whole bottom line filled, i think it looks nice if this icons are centered, instead of aligned left. I don't know if this really is prettier, just a thought Wink .

Anyhow, tnx for the great skin and the quick responses to all the questions/suggestions on the forum! Big Grin
looks a little "noisy" with all the images - unfocused should either be hidden or dimmed IMO
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35