• 34(current)
Release Eminence
(2014-04-17, 13:48)da-anda Wrote: looks a little "noisy" with all the images - unfocused should either be hidden or dimmed IMO

Good thinking, I tried both out. Does the empty space to the left look weird when the images are hidden?

(2014-04-17, 13:48)Smobbo Wrote: I assume you'll use a combination of banners for not selected items and landscape art for selected items?

I do find the absence of the number 04. distracting/confusing.
I'm using the thumbnails of each episode

You're right I must have deleted the big 04 and then forgot about it :p
or what about this.......?

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2014-04-17, 13:48)Smobbo Wrote: 2. I was looking at the TV-show hub and i saw that it shows the episode title with behind it the show name in brackets. That doesn't look very nice (imo ofcourse), perhaps the use of the accentcolor could help? or use two lines (if the space is available).

3. In some screens (like when in addon info) it shows below the picture (left side) 'press down for options...' but there you can press both down and right to get to options (and sometimes also the menubutton). Since its on the right side it makes sense to give that as primary option, right? Or is this one value used throughout the skin and is 'press down' used more?

4. I don't use a lot of homescreen buttons, so i don't have the whole bottom line filled, i think it looks nice if this icons are centered, instead of aligned left. I don't know if this really is prettier, just a thought Wink .
2. Accent colour wont work because the colour themes use it to highlight the frames/borders and there isn't space for an extra line because of the plot underneath.

3. Its because of movies/tvshows. Pressing right in movie info goes to actors and clicking ok plays the movie. So I thought it was best that the label stays consistent.

4.I do think it would look better centred, but unfortunately I don't think its really possible with the way I'm handling the menu. At least not without being excessively complex.
I know this skin is a WIP and I love the changes coming along. I don't mind the new recently added view for Movies, TV, Etc. when you press down from the main screen but I found one minor issue with the screen. If you're in progress with something the dialog that comes up is so transparent and behind the images in the middle you can't see it very well. Is this going to be corrected or is this screen changing in the future to a different format?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
(2014-04-17, 14:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: or what about this.......?

Thumbs up. It looks amazing..

Looks good. I just had this idea that you could reuse the concept used in settings views, where there is a thin grey line between settings category column on the left and the settings list on the right and the focus color is sliding along that grey line. Same might work for this view, having the thin grey line between image and plot/info. Just an idea, not sure it would look as nice as current view though.
JurialMonkey, I agree with everyone that I really like how the banner mockups look. I do need some form of separation between each item in the list. Without some separation it looks like the text is floating aimlessly in free space.
jurialmunkey the new views are great and I have a resquest, can you add the in-progress icon on the side of each episode like in the list view and in this left bar invisible in the banner list view?
Thanks again.

I think there's always going to be a tradeoff between a clean, elegent design and one thats fits in more with the overall design of eminence.

This one is what i'd settle for, for episodes at least
Hi jurialmonkey,

Are there still plans to create an arctic style lovefilm view with plot info?

Now might be a good time to detail some of the changes of the last two versions.

Lovefilm: Show Info

Banner List

Info List

New Watched Indicators

Consistent Spacing and Proper Poster Aspect Ratios

Apologies for all the images. Imgur is being a pain and wont let me upload / keeps failing on upload. The poster sizing and spacing took a long time to do - I know it changes the feel of some views slightly, but it brings a lot of consistency to spacing / padding etc. in the skin. Had to dust off my algebra skills to figure out all the sizing properly.

2:3 aspectratio for all posters
10px spacing for borders and gaps
25px for posterview gaps
18px padding on sides of views when menu slides out
1448x690px view area

There might be one or two spots of spacing inconsistency where I missed something, but for the most part I think I got it all.
(2014-04-17, 15:39)pyrodex Wrote: I know this skin is a WIP and I love the changes coming along. I don't mind the new recently added view for Movies, TV, Etc. when you press down from the main screen but I found one minor issue with the screen. If you're in progress with something the dialog that comes up is so transparent and behind the images in the middle you can't see it very well. Is this going to be corrected or is this screen changing in the future to a different format?
Should be fixed now Smile
Is it possible on the Lovefilm view to show poster art where the info currently is, and have the info show on on a timed event or pressing up. Maybe fade out the poster when the info is activated. Loving the skin now the new views have been added this is definitely going to get some use.
Lounge

Alienware X51 r2
OS - Windows 10, Kodi Krypton
TV - LG 47LM670T
AVR - Denon AVR-X2300W

Master Bedroom

Nvidia Shield Android TV
OS - Android TV, Kodi Jarvis 16.0
TV - Samsung 32ES6710

Server

HP Proliant Microserver N40L
OS - Unraid 6
hey jurialmunkey great work so far love the skin

could you by chance make it so when you go back to the homescreen an a video is playing make it in a little box like this?

https://i.cloudup.com/t--NH6vx0K-3000x3000.jpeg

an also maybe make that clock too?

i just found this too could you make a view like this but with the artwork an the title an also have the fanart at the back or as wallpaper ?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3846065/...1_1020.jpg
(2014-04-18, 09:24)iAMl3dgend Wrote: hey jurialmunkey great work so far love the skin

could you by chance make it so when you go back to the homescreen an a video is playing make it in a little box like this?

https://i.cloudup.com/t--NH6vx0K-3000x3000.jpeg

an also maybe make that clock too?

i just found this too could you make a view like this but with the artwork an the title an also have the fanart at the back or as wallpaper ?

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3846065/...1_1020.jpg

I like this Smile
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35