• 4(current)
Release Eminence
i agree a smaller font would be nice
I tried to install it on my raspberry pi and it says dependencies not met ?
I really like the font size as it is.
jurialmunkey, with this and Artic, you are making my choice really difficult for my Pi's skin !!

Really liked the overall feel, one thing I would like to ask is if you have any improvements planned for LiveTV?
When changing changes (with remote or keyboard arrows), it looks a bit weird to me that the logo is at bottom right and the channel name/programm info is at the top.

I understand that while in Artic the info is displayed below, in Eminence is at the top, but in that case I think the logo would look better in the top corner, left to the channel name.

Also noticed, in home menu that pressing the down button reveals play controls even though nothing is playing.

Either way, keep up the good work... It really does look nice! Smile
(2014-02-23, 02:27)da-anda Wrote: Just gave it a test run on my htpc. Like it pretty much so far. One thing that I really didn't like though is that the wall view is always using poster format and is cropping the images. While this is perfectly fine for movies, it is ugly for addons overview. You probably missed to adjust that one (video addons view triggered by main menu). Same for list view in this case. Addon icons should not be cropped if possible.

Also found some glitches here and there, but as its in an early stage you probably know about them and don't yet need feedback on those.
Ah yeah I see. Its because the video addons view uses MyVideoNav rather than AddonBrowser - its not like that for other addons. I will fix it shortly.

(2014-02-23, 02:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: I love the layout and the overall design, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours selected for the main menu. Will there be an option to change this (or at least point me in the direction of the code so I can alter it locally)?
Yeah there will be options to customise the item's colour, path, icon and label.
For now you can edit Startup.xml then go to Skin Settings > General > Re-initialise skin to load the changes.
Each item has a section like such
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetBool(home.301.enabled)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.bgcolor,ff357555)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.icon,special://skin/extras/icons/film.png)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.path,ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return))</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.label,$LOCALIZE[20342])</onfocus>

Should be pretty self explanatory. Colours are hexadecimal AARRGGBB - leave the alpha channel (first two digits) as FF.

(2014-02-23, 02:43)BigPoppa17211 Wrote: Awesome new skin jurial! Wondering if there are plans for a watched indicator on episodes in views other than list?
Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out some good simple and clean indicator overlays that aren't too obtrusive.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hello Jurial, i just noticed a couple things that maybe you're aware of or maybe i am missing. On the movie/TV sections i can't find the option to show/hide watched items. Also there is no option to change The order (ascending/descending) of the library.
Hope this may ne helpful to you. Thank you.
(2014-02-23, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 02:27)da-anda Wrote: Just gave it a test run on my htpc. Like it pretty much so far. One thing that I really didn't like though is that the wall view is always using poster format and is cropping the images. While this is perfectly fine for movies, it is ugly for addons overview. You probably missed to adjust that one (video addons view triggered by main menu). Same for list view in this case. Addon icons should not be cropped if possible.

Also found some glitches here and there, but as its in an early stage you probably know about them and don't yet need feedback on those.
Ah yeah I see. Its because the video addons view uses MyVideoNav rather than AddonBrowser - its not like that for other addons. I will fix it shortly.

(2014-02-23, 02:43)deletedpenguin Wrote: I love the layout and the overall design, but I can't say I'm a huge fan of the colours selected for the main menu. Will there be an option to change this (or at least point me in the direction of the code so I can alter it locally)?
Yeah there will be options to customise the item's colour, path, icon and label.
For now you can edit Startup.xml then go to Skin Settings > General > Re-initialise skin to load the changes.
Each item has a section like such
Code:
<onfocus>Skin.SetBool(home.301.enabled)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.bgcolor,ff357555)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.icon,special://skin/extras/icons/film.png)</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.path,ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return))</onfocus>
<onfocus>Skin.SetString(home.301.label,$LOCALIZE[20342])</onfocus>

Should be pretty self explanatory. Colours are hexadecimal AARRGGBB - leave the alpha channel (first two digits) as FF.

(2014-02-23, 02:43)BigPoppa17211 Wrote: Awesome new skin jurial! Wondering if there are plans for a watched indicator on episodes in views other than list?
Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out some good simple and clean indicator overlays that aren't too obtrusive.

Perfect, thanks mate.
(2014-02-23, 02:50)R-max Wrote: i agree a smaller font would be nice
I tried to install it on my raspberry pi and it says dependencies not met ?
Are you running Gotham? Its Gotham only.

(2014-02-23, 03:05)samukas Wrote: Really liked the overall feel, one thing I would like to ask is if you have any improvements planned for LiveTV?
When changing changes (with remote or keyboard arrows), it looks a bit weird to me that the logo is at bottom right and the channel name/programm info is at the top. I think the logo would look better in the top corner, left to the channel name.

Also noticed, in home menu that pressing the down button reveals play controls even though nothing is playing.
Thanks.

I had actually meant to make that change but forgot to - check latest git. I will fix the player controls shortly.

(2014-02-23, 03:26)Dievil Wrote: Hello Jurial, i just noticed a couple things that maybe you're aware of or maybe i am missing. On the movie/TV sections i can't find the option to show/hide watched items. Also there is no option to change The order (ascending/descending) of the library.
Hope this may ne helpful to you. Thank you.
Thanks, I missed putting those in. Fixed on latest commit.
Oups sorry i didn't have gotham on my pi yet. It's incredibly fast on my pi so cool .... The fanart on the homescreen and spotlight don't work
Maybe we could have recently add section instead of spotlight.
Man i'm so happy Smile
this is truly the nicest, most innovative skin i've seen this year.
and it looks awesome on my htpc.
keep up the good work Big Grin

(2014-02-23, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yeah there will be options to customise the item's colour, path, icon and label.

this is exactly what would make this skin perfect: to be able to put my own custom itens on the homescreen. Big Grin

a small issue:
when i try to open the path to a remote DLNA share, this view appears blank
@fabiomello - Thanks Smile
Can you try with the latest git version, hopefully I've fixed it - I don't have any DLNA shares so can't test it myself.
(2014-02-23, 03:09)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Also noticed, in List view for TVShows, if all episodes in a particular show (or season) are all watched, the only way to see that is by going inside that.
This is however working fine for movies (with a little dot on the left of the title turning into a "check" symbol").

(2014-02-23, 04:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 03:05)samukas Wrote: When changing changes (with remote or keyboard arrows), it looks a bit weird to me that the logo is at bottom right and the channel name/programm info is at the top. I think the logo would look better in the top corner, left to the channel name.
I had actually meant to make that change but forgot to - check latest git. I will fix the player controls shortly.

Yes! The logo at the top looks nice, indeed!!! Thanks!

Edit: Another thing I just noticed is, when searching for a Movie, if you "click" on one result it will start playing that movie. If you search and click on a show, however, it will go to the "Spotlight" screen first and only after clicking on the right arrow it will show the episodes for that show. Not sure if this is the intended result.
Hi Jurial, testing your skin atm and found an issue with themoviedb addon. When adding a movie, the settings of themoviedb addon cannot be accessed. When you click on settings just nothing happens. Actually, In Confluence it works without problems.
@samukas -- should be fixed in latest. Good spotting!

@futuro -- hopefully fixed now.
Some things I spotted:
  • when you scan something in your library, the progress indicator is overlapping any context menu and makes the context menus unreadable in that area
  • you're using an "expensive" busy indicator, i.e. when scanning something into the library. To get the most out of the skin for low power devices you might want to have a look at PR4212
  • I'm not sure if the weather info is finished already, but it seems to miss weather condition icons
  • suggestion: to simplify the skin even more you probably should hide the "artwork" and "refresh" buttons in info view behind a simple "manage/edit" button
  • you should add some indicating arrows (like used on spotlight view) to indicate that one can navigate to either the menu or i.e. back to spotlight view. Same with probably a little "down" arrow that indicates that you can manually cycle the items in spotlight (could only be visible once the area is focused)
  • not sure if it's possible, but can you make the "addons" menu entry show all installed addons or something like that (maybe having subsections)?
  • just a note: navigation sometimes feels a bit odd due to the right to left alignment of things, but I think one will get used to it. A layout switch based on language (ltr or rtl) might be a bit over the top I guess or not even possible
  • settings look a bit unstructured (the actual settings lists, not the overview menu)
  • the "add/edit source" dialog displayed in same style as the context menu feels a bit awkward in usability - it's not easy for new users to understand what is what (like what's the label of the source and that it can be altered, or that you can add more then one path)
  • the "browse" dialog is wasting a bit much space, seeing only 4 items in the list. Felt a bit hard to navigate that way, maybe use 2 columns to list the entries? Also you ignored the horizontal padding
  • might be nice to have the top left icon/box have the same background color than the main section? Maybe worth a try, no idea if it really looks that nice

As for the fonts: have you checked out the google fonts website ( https://www.google.com/fonts )? AFAIK all should be license compatible to be used in skins.

edit: added some stuff
JM, are u planning to add a low list view? Altho u are not planning any new views, I would love to see a low list one!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35