• 49(current)
Release Eminence
(2014-07-30, 00:00)butchabay Wrote:
(2014-07-29, 16:06)hoopsdavis Wrote: does anyone know how to create a playlist for unwatched movies?

Rule:
Playcount 0

Thanks butchabay, that did it.

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Been using this skin lately, customized quite a lot and loving it. Few issues I am having though:

- Some dialog boxes are transparant, already saw that this issue is posted on github as well.
- When I go into an addon from a tile it will sometimes show an empty hub outline for a second or so.
- When I use the In progress option for the TV Shows Hub it doesn't update immediately. After I watch an episode and go back to the hub it will still show the episode I just watched as the first unwatched episode.
- Bannerlist in my library shows the ratings for the movies, however when I use the bannerlist in an addon I don't get the ratings. When I switch to poster view with info it does show ratings, even in the addon, thus they are available.

+ Is there any way to set a background widget but use different backgrounds than the ones it pulls from the widget? Not a high priority but I have setup a widget to display some menu items from an addon but now the background is filled with the quite ugly igons.
(2014-07-23, 17:21)GoogleRocks! Wrote: On this topic, I believe it would look a lot cleaner if the TV Show Name appeared more prominent by switching its position with Channel Name, giving the TV Show Name the larger font because of the presence of the Channel Icon, IMHO.
Are you talking about in the top header or somewhere else? The reason its like that is that, at least with Australian TV, often the tv show name can actually be quite long because they often add extra junk in like "Big Bang Theory (includes OZ Lotto draw at 6.38)" or something like that. Plus it makes it clear what channel you are on when quickly scrolling through channels - I have channel changes set to a delay so when scrolling through the channels it doesn't actually change until you stop on something - I find it prevents the PVR from crashing, plus it makes it quicker to scroll through channels because you don't have to wait for the tuner to catch up.

(2014-07-23, 17:49)GoogleRocks! Wrote: 1. Are you planning to support the addition of an unlimited number of Custom Items in the Hubs as is the case for Home Tiles? The current limit of 3 isn't enough especially now with the addition of Favourites being added as an option, however I don't know what the magic number would be if you were to increase the hard coded limit, so unlimited would be ideal.

2. Can you carry forward the Custom Playlist names from the Hub into the library page title rather than simply the word "Playlist"? As an example, using Custom/Smart Playlists and Custom Hub Items, I subdivide my movie library into "Movies", "Home Videos", "Concerts" etc., however they are all labelled "Playlist" for titles in the library. Either grab it from the Name Tag in the .xsp file or from the Hub item label itself?
1. The home tiles aren't actually unlimited - off the top of my head there is a max of 24 iirc (including settings and power). Its pretty annoying the way it works, but each tile requires its own little block of code (there are no object classes per se in the skinning engine). So literally every possible item has to be defined then each needs an individual bit in the skin settings to set the properties for that particular item (icon, path, label, enabled). It should be something that only needs about 20-30 lines of code, but the way it works it ends up in the 100s of lines of code. Nonetheless, yes I do plan to add some more items - I intend to eventually have every item in the hub be customisable so that you can change, say, recently added to something else if you so wish.

2. I really really wish this was possible. I was looking into ways to get this to work a while back but it just doesn't seem possible unfortunately. I can think of ways to grab the label from the hub but I know that it is just going to make more bugs and inconsistencies - plus I want it to show the name of the playlist regardless of where you come from, not just coming from the hub (i.e. from the homescreen or from the playlists menu).

(2014-07-26, 16:40)hoopsdavis Wrote: At the moment I'm adding them via wmc, I've sent Jurialmunkey the file and asked him to make the changes to it for Eminence, he made these changes for me on the Arctic skin, as soon as he make the changes and send the files back I'll share them with everyone.
Might be a little while until it happens as I want to focus on more pressing issues with the skin, but it will happen eventually.

(2014-07-28, 21:04)Karl83 Wrote: Hi
Great looking skin.
I have one question, how can I toggle between showing all movies and unwatched movies.
Thanks. In the side menu where you change view types there should be the option "Hide Watched" - enable that.

(2014-07-29, 20:45)Qefx Wrote: WOW ! This skin is REALLY amazing! Thanks a lot!
Thanks!

(2014-07-30, 10:39)Nedle Wrote: Been using this skin lately, customized quite a lot and loving it. Few issues I am having though:

(1) Some dialog boxes are transparant, already saw that this issue is posted on github as well.
(2) When I go into an addon from a tile it will sometimes show an empty hub outline for a second or so.
(3) When I use the In progress option for the TV Shows Hub it doesn't update immediately. After I watch an episode and go back to the hub it will still show the episode I just watched as the first unwatched episode.
(4) Bannerlist in my library shows the ratings for the movies, however when I use the bannerlist in an addon I don't get the ratings. When I switch to poster view with info it does show ratings, even in the addon, thus they are available.
(5) Is there any way to set a background widget but use different backgrounds than the ones it pulls from the widget? Not a high priority but I have setup a widget to display some menu items from an addon but now the background is filled with the quite ugly igons.
1. Yeah I know about this one. Having a look into atm.
2. Are you using the latest version 0.9.41? This shouldn't happen because I separated out the hubs as separate windows so they shouldn't even be getting called at all. Sometimes I notice that when an addon is loading, the skin will show all the empty background elements from all the views for a moment until the addon loads and sets the container content, but this happens with all skins afaik.
3. I'll look into it.
4. This depends on what the add-on creator decides to set label2 as. In the library label2 changes depending on what the sort method is - for addons it is up to the addon to decide.
5. Not possible.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks Jurial.

One question/request. On the Poster view, the posters are large with no details of the movie unless we use the "show Info" option. In the show info option can we have a smaller poster instead of the fanart image? Or with the large poster just some info of the movie? Year, duration, video quality and rating?

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2014-07-31, 13:12)hoopsdavis Wrote: Thanks Jurial.

One question/request. On the Poster view, the posters are large with no details of the movie unless we use the "show Info" option. In the show info option can we have a smaller poster instead of the fanart image? Or with the large poster just some info of the movie? Year, duration, video quality and rating?

Under "show info" is "show title", choose that. It will show the title and label2 (changes depending on sorting, sorting by title it shows rating) at the bottom of the poster. A smaller poster wouldn't really work, you may as well use the wall view if you want a smaller poster with more info.
Small request. I notice that when I bring up the "now playing" playlist I get the option for shuffle, but not repeat. Can this be added?
as for the customization. I think you already tried script.library.contentprovider (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178294) but maybe you should give it another try. AFAIK both Persona and Substratum will make heavy use of it, so there has to be some way to use it nicely Smile.
ok, first, LOVE the skin!.
And I'm picky about XBMC skins...

Here are some issues/suggestions to make it better (IMO only of course). And sorry in advance if some of those points were discussed already.

- I would like to have ken burns effect on all background images in the UI (home screen, etc...). This would add a little value to the skin for HTPC with good GPU IMO.

- OSD; Pretty nice the clearart/logo but I would like a fallback to poster if none (and the choice in settings to only use posters). Maybe consider having both (where the arrow is)...

- Layout issue with the context menu here:

- Not sure if I really don't see it but there is no way to add a file path in the home screen (smb path to home videos)

- Very important for the wife; please add "trailer" in the context menu when selecting a movie. Way to long to go in movie info screen, down arrow then get to trailer....

- I find it very hard in different views to see the watched indicators... I think something should be done here IMO...

Keep up the excellent work!
@SMB path for home menu - you can add it by hand if you choose "Customize: edit path"
(2014-07-31, 23:43)da-anda Wrote: @SMB path for home menu - you can add it by hand if you choose "Customize: edit path"

I tried but I got confused how to enter it (smb://servername/share)
Tried the above but didn't work...

I think I need to add something as by default it was "ActivateWindow(3201)"
(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - I would like to have ken burns effect on all background images in the UI (home screen, etc...). This would add a little value to the skin for HTPC with good GPU IMO.
This isn't too hard to do - I did this in Arctic. Will add it in when I get the time. Definitely will not be default though - it makes me feel a little seasick personally.

(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - OSD; Pretty nice the clearart/logo but I would like a fallback to poster if none (and the choice in settings to only use posters). Maybe consider having both (where the arrow is)...
I originally wasn't even going to have the clearart/logo there - the poster just makes things look too cluttered when the skin is trying to stay clean and simple. Plus, not a fan of it just floating on the screen. Also, the poster is visible in the extended info (pressing up from osd).

(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - Layout issue with the context menu here:
Will fix this today sometime - I noticed this in the past and forgot to write a reminder to fix it.

(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - Not sure if I really don't see it but there is no way to add a file path in the home screen (smb path to home videos)
Go "Edit Path"
Set it to ActivateWindow(videos,smb://servername/share/,return)
use "music" instead of "videos" if it is a music path.

(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - Very important for the wife; please add "trailer" in the context menu when selecting a movie. Way to long to go in movie info screen, down arrow then get to trailer....
Yep this will be in soon

(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - I find it very hard in different views to see the watched indicators... I think something should be done here IMO...
Yeah this one should definitely use the alternate indicator style. Also, will probably up the opacity a little in general.
just wanted to pop in to say, this is still my number one skin!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
Yeah, nice one
is there a way to get database refresh buttons on home menu?
Also the watched/unwatched idicators are hard to see.
Would be nice if under LiveTV tile are Submenu for recordings, radio, channel and timeline out of the home menu.
Also next timer shown as widget under LiveTV
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
Go "Edit Path"

Thanks! it works Smile

***I would suggest making this easier in the settings, just browsing to the path (and skin would do this behind the scene)
But, it works fine thanks.

Also, thank you for all other comments.

(2014-08-01, 05:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 19:23)sfnetwork Wrote: - OSD; Pretty nice the clearart/logo but I would like a fallback to poster if none (and the choice in settings to only use posters). Maybe consider having both (where the arrow is)...
I originally wasn't even going to have the clearart/logo there - the poster just makes things look too cluttered when the skin is trying to stay clean and simple. Plus, not a fan of it just floating on the screen. Also, the poster is visible in the extended info (pressing up from osd).

I partially agree about this but that just personal tastes at this point.
I agree that having both would be too much.
But I LOVE when pausing the movie, seeing the clearart/logo so my only suggestion would be to give the option to fallback on poster if no clearart/logo.
All optional of course since we don't all like the same thing Wink

Anyway, really not a deal breaker. I only make suggestions on skins I LOVE and plan to use on all HTPCs.
thanks and excellent work!
(2014-08-01, 05:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: Go "Edit Path"

How can I make one path if my videos are split across multiple HDD on the same machine?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Eminence35