Linux Network Manager Addon
Hey all,

I'm a python developer and love XBMC. Smile

I'm interesting develop one network manager based on my own modules, so I have few questions:

1 - Did someone start develop it?
2 - Is there way to use the theme layout? I'm not a good designer and keep the interface like the skin that was installed.

Today my modules manage all network operation and save them on /etc/network/interface, because its was develped to Debian/Ubuntu server.

Any suggestions how I can implement it to work on all linux distribution?
I made one based on gnome network-manager. To implement a nm to work with no prerequisites is probably tricky.
I have discontinued work on it so if you want to go with gnome nm you are welcome to it.
It works with xbmcbuntu / raspbmc. Pre-installed in the latter, or at least used to be.
Your addon is very good. It use the dbus to manage the wifi network via network-manager. Congrats.

I'd like to do something diferent. My modules works directly on /etc/network/interfaces file, then I'm working on interface to manage this file interface.

What do you thing about this idea? XBMC won't need gnome interface installed to manage the network.
It depends on the target users, I was only thinking about xbmcbuntu where dbus & nm was already available.

I don't have any input on your method.
Have you looked into what openelec is doing? Would be nice to to use the same ui for all solutions and just add you solution for ubuntu/deb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network Manager Addon0