Pivos Xios DS vs DroidBOX X7
Hi guys simple question here, just bought a Pivos Xios DS M3 to run a monitor in my bedroom, been doing a bit of reading and now I'm not sure fro the price the Xios is worth the cash with its single core processor and 512k of ram. Been having a look at what else is available for similar price and seen the DroidBOX X7 with Quad core processor and 2GB of ram at almost the same price.

Is there any reason to go for the Pivos over the DroidBOX? I appreciate the Pivos is XBMC official sponsor and support may be better any other thoughts?

Thanks Steve

Also any other system worth a look?
Or is this the best alternative in this price range - MiniX NEO X7 Android 4.2 Quad Core?
In my experience Pivos Xios is a piece of junk. Don't know about other systems.
The pivos works well if you have wired ethernet, and have it flashed with linux xbmc build.. it is sluggish at times for sure, but remember the price. Do yourself a favor and get an intel nuc or something like that which has plenty of pep.. The headache you save will be worth it in the long run.
If you can wait the atv1800 should be out soon. iboum shows it comming out next month, supposed to support 4K video. And it's made by the same parent manufacturer as Pivos and Mygica, Geniatech
(2014-02-24, 02:13)BigB42078 Wrote: If you can wait the atv1800 should be out soon. iboum shows it comming out next month, supposed to support 4K video. And it's made by the same parent company as Pivos and Mygica, Geniatech

Parent company or manufacturer? They are not the same thing.
OK Manufacturer (corrected). Tongue Pivos, MyGica, Jynxbox, Sumvision, all said to be Geniatech hardware. Read somewhere that Geniatech is the second largest stream box manufacturer.
I have a xios over wifi and it has been awesome. I just send it links with yatse. Originally I tried to get it to hold a library and it was clunky.
I've also been happy with the xios running linux firmware, no complaints but I was running from ethernet linux server and feeding it media it's hardware decoders are compatible with so ideal scenario really for the box, nothing to go wrong.

Might depend on what kind of media your using and as mentioned the Amlogic M8 boxes are coming along, I think Pivos are doing one two but they aren't using Geniatech anymore. Support from Pivos has been pretty darn good compared to many of the other so called vendors so I'm inclined to wait and see what they come up with.
Also waiting for Pivos. Their forum topic on new hardware is interesting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pivos Xios DS vs DroidBOX X70